Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 4 New Harleys for 2019-2020  (Read 7505 times)

jcd520

Re: 4 New Harleys for 2019-2020
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 06:19:21 PM »

Pan american----------very interesting------I have to say I hope they succeed , but venturing into this market they better have their stuff together. I recently bought a ktm 1290 adventure s and I must say it is hands down the best bike Ive seen or ridden in a long time. Outstanding electronics , suspension, comfort , performance , handling and cost less than half what my road glide cost. Gets better mileage too and is a 160 HP bike. With HD having no dakkar , or baja experience no R&D in that market  I don't understand how they intend to produce an adventure bike that can compare with whats available now. They better have good suspension (what they have now sucks) be in the 500 pound range for a 1250 cc bike(all the other available comparable models are) and be nimble , quick, and comfortable. Best of luck to them , it will be interesting to see. The one disadvantage I see in the adventure market is seat height. The lowest ones that are any good have a 33.5 inch seat height. Mine is 34.5-----problem for short guys. It can be done , you just have to learn the techniques. Most Pro MX guys are short and their works bikes are very tall------35 or 36 in most cases---------. Again ,I hope they know a home run, no one wants to see them go broke I don't think.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »

I find it interesting that MoCo does essentially the very thing that a handful of posters on this site have been calling for for many years (namely do something to entice post Baby Boomer generations) and now that they are doing it they say it will be impossible. I suppose producing these new bikes will take something beyond rocket science! I don’t think so.

I look at it a little differently. MoCo still has a good market share and financial position. It is better to do something like this while they are still sound. They are not making a last ditch effort to survive here. They truly are moving to expand and attract other buyers. Buyers that are NOT stuck on motorcycles that shake, and look like a HARLEY. They are looking at moving on from the buyers that insist on one hand that their bike remain air cooled, but produce more and more HP, while at the same time remain reliable.

The way I see it they are in many respects “cuttng the cord”!! Maybe they have had enough of the whiney pain in the ass complaining crowd typified by a small handful of posters on this website, and have decided to move on to the next generation or two. I’m not saying those next generations are going to be any less of a pain, but at least they can do what is REQUIRED to try and satisfy them without any regard to the aforementioned fine Harley buyers.

They can still continue the current OLD generation of bikes, and now they have free rein to do as they please to satisfy others.

JMHO

J.D.

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »

I'm with those who say that they need to fix their current reliability issues first.  If they can do that, yeah, then get into something else, but don't "dabble" - do it right.  But history has proven deviations from their core products has not been sustainable (Buell and V Rod).  The idea of owning a separate brand to go after other markets might make sense.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 04:08:57 PM »

The MOCO needs a product to compete with the new BMW K1600B "Bagger" offering which is light years ahead in technology, performance, reliability and at a very reasonable price point too boot. :soapbox:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 07:47:02 PM »

I've always admired the look and sound  of Harley Davidson.  I'm glad I was finally able to get my long dreamed of Harley Davidson despite  the work and cost I've had to put into it to make it a more reliable runner I'm still happy.

Looking at the 2019 Electric livewire  "where did Harley  go?" It looks just like every other street zipper . Maybe I'm just getting too old and just can't see it  :-\

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »

Funny you mention this; I was a 28 year Harley owner, my last HD was a 14 Limited. Decided to buy a new 2018 bike, compared the Road Glide and the BMW K1600B or Bagger, similar cost but no comparison on any level. I bought the BMW and never looked back.

Had Harley upgraded the touring line with suspension similar to the new softails, installed the 114 inch motor standard and upgraded features, I would have bought the Harley. While it's now to late to bring me back, I hope they upgrade the 19s so they are more competitive.

Still like Harley and want them to succeed, in the meantime I'm loving the BMW bagger. Nothing like a straight 6cyl with 160hp! Stock.attached to world class suspension and frame. You gotta ride one to understand what I'm talking about.
The MOCO needs a product to compete with the new BMW K1600B "Bagger" offering which is light years ahead in technology, performance, reliability and at a very reasonable price point too boot. :soapbox:

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

CCW RIDER

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 10:49:59 AM »

Has anyone seen the new 2019 grandstand paint on streetglides and roadglides? Who in they're right mind pay 7 thousand for an ugly paint job?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »

Has anyone seen the new 2019 grandstand paint on streetglides and roadglides? Who in they're right mind pay 7 thousand for an ugly paint job?

Made me go find it.  Not a fan. 

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »

This the one - Harley-Davidson’s 2019 Color Shop Limited Series Grandstand Paint Set?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2018, 10:30:19 PM »

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »

It is like paying 7 grand for the privilege to advertise for Harley. I will pass.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2018, 07:32:16 AM »

Not my favourite colour for a custom.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:24:02 AM by Aussie »

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2018, 08:54:48 AM »

The MOCO has lost touch with the individual customer and caught up in their own legacy within. The M8 may be the right engine platform for the classic air cooled engines until the patent runs out on that, proprietary is in their mission statement.

The new steps to expand the offerings outside their current customer base is a bold move and I sincerely wish them well. Two wheel riders are passionate to a fault sometimes and it requires confidence in what's under you, unless it hangs on the wall.

How about some ski-doos  :bananarock:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

mark

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2018, 09:38:48 AM »

$7,100 plus an additional cost for the inner fairing.  So, you might as well say $8k with the inner fairing.  Tax and labor, add another grand.  Now you're at $9k.  Add a matching tour pack (if one's not available, then custom paint to match), that's another grand....for a $10k total.  At that price-point, I'd be more inclined to buy a black bike, have it custom painted, and have a "one-of-kind."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 09:32:20 PM by Mark »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 25 queries.