Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Story of Historic Hotel  (Read 809 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Story of Historic Hotel
« on: March 16, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »

I was cruising the net looking up some old places I've been/lived, and wow I got a real shock at this one place I lived back in late 60s. It was a small fishing village 400 strong popultion with a marina and brake water, a work shop with a ways for pulling the boats up and into the shop,..were my dad worked, a dock with a fueling station for boats,and one pump for cars,.. regular gas only,..were I worked (sole worker). The main and only building in the village was the Hotel with 15 rooms grocery store, coffee shop,..were my mum (bless her)worked, along with a community hall,and last but not least the good old watering hole,..The Bar. Those were the days in the bar you'd put up two fingers and a 12 pack still in the case of cold bottel beer with an opener was put on the table,..no twist top or pull tab then. The bar always smalled of fish and beer.

I lived in a house strait across on the point from the gas dock and break water, you can see the point, dock and break water in one of the photos. 

In the summer of 67 I took on the job of painting the whole outer exterior of the Hotel singel handed, took me the whole summer. For some reason I was popular with the girls, must have been the tan and the paint brush mussels I developed,.. ha ha, but the popularity died of after the Hotel was done. I didn't mention it was all done in white, couldn't look at the color with out frowning for awhile.

Well in any case you can imagine my suprise when I saw the transformation to what the Hotel has come too today.
In closing here, I'd say if you ever plan on wanting to take a trip to Vancouver you mite want to include the run to Lund, you get the ferry from Twassen to Powell River and follow your nose. You can only get in or out by boat or plain. Grate riding road from the ferry to Lund, I think the road crew followed a snake when they built the road.

Got my first bike there a 650 1938/9 Panther then a 650 BSA and a beet up old pan head, grate days.

Thats the old story of the Historic Lund Hotel.

http://www.hotels.com/ho323541/historic-lund-hotel-lund-canada/

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.