Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2009 Model Year Technical Forum  (Read 5654 times)

Sean M Cary

Re: 2009 Model Year Technical Forum
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 09:11:41 AM »

For reference here is one currently listed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250271166161

Twolane - what's your thought of this against the True-Track?  the TT is on the top of my list of needs for the SERK...windshield, seat, gear cams and a True Track.

All I saw in searches for REVTECH were references to their motors.

Sean

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »

Sean, try the eBay search by:

Revtech stabilizer

When I did that two current listings presented.

As for one device over the other for this task...  I know some of us here get a bit religous about one of these devices over the other.  I've installed one of the Alloy Art devices and a couple each of the Ride Str8 and True Track.  I've got no religion on the topic. 

They all accomplish tasks toward the same end and do it in similar ways.  They also seem to be similarly successful.  This Revtech offering is just another variation on the same theme.  If one seems esthetically or financially more pleasing those are probably as good as any other reason to choose between them.  I wish I could, but I can't offer any hard and fast criteria that would suggest any one is significant improvement over the other.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »

Others van verify, but I believe True Trak is family owned and has offered us really good deals in the past.   I got one for $275 shipped 6 months ago.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »

Others van verify, but I believe True Trak is family owned and has offered us really good deals in the past.   I got one for $275 shipped 6 months ago.

yeah, there is a thread on a group buy someone put together.

That is a good price from what I have found.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 07:51:39 PM »

Wow, $275 was that a group buy cost??  Do you remember who was offering that hot deal??

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 08:32:02 PM »

Wow, $275 was that a group buy cost??  Do you remember who was offering that hot deal??
The deal was direct from True-Track (see here) however that group buy was for a limited number of units that sold out quickly. True-Track is still offering a discount to members (see here).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 01:33:45 AM »

I've noticed there has been a lot of good group deals in the past and wondering how do we get a group buy going on the new Rev Tech Stabilizer? Or, how do the group buys get organized on CVO? Are members allowed to pursue and set up group buys? I noticed on another thread there was mention of a  CVO group buy board, can members try to set something up and get approved by the board?? Just curious how this bit works..

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 01:41:50 AM »

I've noticed there has been a lot of good group deals in the past and wondering how do we get a group buy going on the new Rev Tech Stabilizer? Or, how do the group buys get organized on CVO? Are members allowed to pursue and set up group buys? I noticed on another thread there was mention of a  CVO group buy board, can members try to set something up and get approved by the board?? Just curious how this bit works..

Gordy, it's a complicated process fraught (sic :nixweiss: ) with danger and intrigue.  First off you have to have the wild hair to do it.

Ok, on second thought that's about it :drink: .

Slightly more to the point.  Do the obvious things.

If there is a product you are interested that you think others might contact the manufacturer.  Tell them you are in the process of putting together a group purchase and ask what their various levels of discount might be for different quantities.  Also find out if for that discounted price they'll only ship in bulk to you or if they'll handle individual shipping and payment from each buyer.  That makes a bit of difference in the administrative hassle for you.

Once that's all ironed and you can relay good information to the masses; do so.  See how much interest there is and move through the acquisition process.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:01:27 AM »

Ride str-8

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 09:09:54 AM »

The problem is not twisting, but shifting, side to side. The rear of the motor is not located laterally with any precision and there isn't anything back there to prevent side loads on the rear tire from shoving the whole kit an kaboodle sideways. The brackets all aimed to give a rigid mount to the transmission pan to prevent any sideways shifting.

I still see two big rubber donuts in the back which tells me, more of the same.

I saw that. "Just in time for obsolescence" I thought.

:indian_chief:

I tend to agree, but only time and miles will tell if the overall result of the mount changes, stiffer frame, and definitely beefier swing arm will at least reduce the rear steer and wobble.  I'm guessing it will, but the operative word is "guessing".

For the 2050 model the pool boy's girlfriend claims they plan to eliminate the rubber mounting of the swingarm when they go to shaft drive.  The engine and trans will still be rubber mounted, but a CV joint will allow for the resulting relative movement between the trans and the now rigidly mounted rear wheel.  A geriatric Willy G., after slapping himself on the back and causing a coughing fit, will look up and realize that he is still 50 years behind the times, as a Goldwing with warp drive whooshes past.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 09:17:29 AM »

There is new geometry in the new frame, steering head angle is different, bike is longer or so I heard.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »

There is new geometry in the new frame, steering head angle is different, bike is longer or so I heard.

Steering head angle is still 26°, so no change there.  The trail did increase slightly.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 04:25:58 PM »

I just had the True-Track installed this morning on my CUSE3.  We'll see how it performs over the next few weeks.  I'm taking a trip to Vancouver Island over Labor day (two-up) so that should also provide some feedback while in the sweepers to Tofino.

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 05:06:12 PM »

Was at the dealer today and they had a 09 Road Glide and a Road King in and I noticed that the down tubes in the front where heavier (thicker).  The salesman told me that the front upper engine mount is now a solid mount.  Would love to take one out and put it through the corners to see if its different.
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.