Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: YamaKawaHondZuki Harley Lookalikes  (Read 4822 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
YamaKawaHondZuki Harley Lookalikes
« on: July 30, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »

My poor nephew has been telling how great his Suzuki Boulevard is and all the other stuff that goes along with that.

Question: How many YamaKawaHondZuki riders tell you the similar story?

I'm not hating on Japanese bikes. just the ones that try to look just like a Harley.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
Re: YamaKawaHondZuki Harley Lookalikes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »

WE drive what we can afford.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »

My poor nephew has been telling how great his Suzuki Boulevard is and all the other stuff that goes along with that.

I'm not hating on Japanese bikes. just the ones that try to look just like a Harley.

I have a saying when I see one of the YamaKawaHondZuki bikes.  I call it a NAH (not a Harley) and a Harley an AH (a Harley).  It is getting harder and harder to tell the difference to me.

:oops: :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:30:21 PM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Soot

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5- Road King in Crushed Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Typhoon (blew in and blew out)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »

The highest form of flattery is replication.......  I agree with the other previous post - ppl ride what they can afford. I consider myself very fortunate to have 2 HD's!  :nixweiss:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:35:56 PM »

Not ever for me, but they even gettinum to sound pretty close.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »

Just please don't tell me he put a set of Cobra or Vance and Hines on it, when most aftermarket pipes are put on one of the Japanese cruisers the bike tend to sound lousy (to me anyway) probably because of the "smoother" timing sequence of the engine - they just seem to sound "tinny".
 A few people I know Own Japanese cruisers, one guy's on a Honda, another's on a Suzuki, yet another on a Yamaha - we all enjoy giving each other a good natured "you wish you rode a (insert brand/model here)" it's all in good fun - at least with us.

the main difference is all the hot chicks love riding on a Harley
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »

None of them look anything like a Harley to me, nor do they sound like one. And they sure are not built like a Harley. We've owned a couple, and they are built like crap. Paint quality was decent, though not in Harley's league... but the fit of things was awful. Never could get the carbs synced properly on the V-Star 1100, and we both hated the way it rode.... definitely a cheap Softail wannabee.

In my view, people who love their metric NAHs have never ridden a REAL Harley. They aren't even close.

Ken
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:02:43 AM by North Georgia Hawg »

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 09:20:17 PM »

Have known a few hondayamauki guys that talked big chit about their rides. THEN their on a HD and an talked cash chit about Hondayamauki's, go figure.  :nixweiss: Had an old friend jump me on his Vulcan the other week, let him get out front then poured the coal to it. Later he said I didn't think a Harley could go like that. I TOLD HIM "you thought differant when i blew by you" He just nodded his head.  :apple:

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 09:26:49 PM »

A group of YamaKawaHondZuki engineers hard at work on their newest Harley copy. ;D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »

A group of YamaKawaHondZuki engineers hard at work on their newest Harley copy. ;D

Or Harley's new part suppliers reviewing HD spec's for their parts order.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 01:06:29 AM »

Just my .02 but I feel we all try to justify our purchases so each rider will say their brand is the best.
I try not to bad mouth another person's choice since I don't have to live with the decision and pay the bills for the bike or ride it. I certainly don't know the other rider's finances and maybe the import is all they can afford. After all, are we buying a bike because we love the feeling of being on two wheels or do we buy one to look cool and fit some mental image we aspire to?
I hope for more unity for all bikers so we can have a stronger voice for issues that affect all riders such as helmet laws, motorcycle checkpoints, noise bans etc.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »

Or Harley's new part suppliers reviewing HD spec's for their parts order.

;D ;D ;D ;D

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:44 AM »

et
Just my .02 but I feel we all try to justify our purchases so each rider will say their brand is the best.
I try not to bad mouth another person's choice since I don't have to live with the decision and pay the bills for the bike or ride it. I certainly don't know the other rider's finances and maybe the import is all they can afford. After all, are we buying a bike because we love the feeling of being on two wheels or do we buy one to look cool and fit some mental image we aspire to?
I hope for more unity for all bikers so we can have a stronger voice for issues that affect all riders such as helmet laws, motorcycle checkpoints, noise bans, etc.
Could not agree more.......if you are 100% right, only a fool would argue. I will wave/speak to a Yamasaki rider as fast as any. What really separates the brotherhood is the size of the wallet or the willingness to open it.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

BaggerProud

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 banana
    • CVO2: 1994 FXSTC
    • CVO3: 1983 XLX
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »

How many guys do you know when asked "If you could have your choice of any bike out there what bike would you have?" would answer a YamaKawaHondZuki? The ones that would probably also say things like "Guns kill" or they own a Prius.  :zstupid: Harleys have their faults for sure (anything man made does) but at the end of the day there can only be and there only is one top dog in the house ... all the others gotta sleep on the porch!  :bananarock:

That being said, as long as you're not one of those buttheads that fly down the interstate in their shorts doing a wheelie I'm happy to see anyone on a bike, no matter the manufacturer and I will and have stopped for any biker on the side of the road that needs a hand.

And the guys that go from "love to hate" based on the type of bike it is I say :sauer021:. Got no time for ignorance.

Bottom line....Damn I love my scoot!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:56:43 PM by BaggerProud »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 09:05:45 AM »

As usual when someone starts one of these threads (and there have been many) we get a lot of propaganda from the Kool-Aid drinkers, and a lot of cheap shots at the Japanese bikes.  Nothing new in this one, same old chit.

Make all the snide comments you want, but if Harley had some of those Honda or Yamaha engineers on their staff perhaps they wouldn't have so many ridiculous quality problems.  Harley engineers can't even take mature automotive systems and put them on their bikes without having multiple years of failures.  Look at the ETC issues for instance that have been common since 2008 and continue to this day.  That's a relatively simple system, and they haven't got it right in five years so far.  Then look at the mechanical stuff that Harley let's go on for years rather than fix it in initial testing stages or at least after the first big batch of customer failures.  Yup, someone's engineering and quality is a joke, but I don't think it's Honda or Yamaha.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.