Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin seats are higher than stock  (Read 795 times)

SPIDERMAN

Corbin seats are higher than stock
« on: November 21, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

Got my new Corbin seat last week. Be aware when buying a Corbin that they are higher than a stock seat. I went from the wind over my stock RG windshield hitting me on the top of my helmet to it hitting me just about at eye level. I had ordered an new Clearview windshield and fortunately got lucky and caught it before they made it. Spoke to John there today (super dude by the way). I explained what the situation was and he recommended a custom order of 4" over stock. With the eurolip it will shoot the air over my head. He explained that the taller you go with Clearview the more they lean the windshield back so it should still look good and do what I need. This is not a diss on Corbin by the way. I love the new seat, but anyone looking to buy Corbin needs to be aware that they are taller than stock. Since I am changing out my handlebars anyway, and caught the windshield in time, the end product should be exactly what I want.

B B

jachin72

Re: Corbin seats are higher than stock
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 06:30:07 PM »

BB
Thanks for the heads up.  I will be putting a Corbin on Fat Elvis sooner or later, and then sell my Air Zepplin.  Wish I was closer to Screamin B.  He could try mine out and see if it's what he want's.  Talking about "taller than stock", that Zepplin is a skyscraper!

Steve

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 07:20:42 PM »

Gilligan,

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 07:21:15 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 10:43:11 AM »

Hey little buddy,
    I know the road blimp is gonna be like sitting on a balloon,  but I gotta do something for long rides.  Freakin back..... just can't it anymore.

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

jachin72

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 10:27:07 AM »

Beags,

I may be in SD sometime soon.  If you haven't already tried one out by then, I can loan you mine to see if you like it.  I'm in Phoenix and have very limited computer access, so I'll try to check back in.  PM me if you want to try and arrange something in the near future.  I want to try a corbin for a lower profile, while keeping the chairman (chairperson) of the board happy.

Gilligan

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 07:05:47 AM »

Not only do corbin seats sit a little higher, the neck a little wider on SEUC replacement, but if you have a tour pak the passenger pilllon portion has less room, so may need relo kit for tour pak!
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 08:57:33 AM »

Hey little buddy,

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 08:58:55 AM by VaEagle »

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 12:25:20 PM »

Got my new Corbin seat last week. Be aware when buying a Corbin that they are higher than a stock seat. I went from the wind over my stock RG windshield hitting me on the top of my helmet to it hitting me just about at eye level. I had ordered an new Clearview windshield and fortunately got lucky and caught it before they made it. Spoke to John there today (super dude by the way). I explained what the situation was and he recommended a custom order of 4" over stock. With the eurolip it will shoot the air over my head. He explained that the taller you go with Clearview the more they lean the windshield back so it should still look good and do what I need. This is not a diss on Corbin by the way. I love the new seat, but anyone looking to buy Corbin needs to be aware that they are taller than stock. Since I am changing out my handlebars anyway, and caught the windshield in time, the end product should be exactly what I want.

B B

[smiley=worthless.gif]

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.