Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: App that had instructions for turning off security system with turn signals?  (Read 743 times)

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2

Someone posted an app that had instructions for using the turn signals to get your bike out of security mode if your fob dies and my phone went for a swim and I lost it. Anyone remember what it was called? Thanks for any help, and I promise to bookmark it on here this time! :-[
T-MAN 117 kit

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=83659.0 not sure if this is what your looking for  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:29:52 PM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald

thats the procedure, but the app that he is looking for was called 'v twin reference' or something like that.  it was an android only app, and i think that it is not being developed/updated any longer.

the process is really very simple, and i would recommend practicing it a couple of times in your garage so that when you do need it, you aren't trying to do it from referencing your phone.  i promise, do it a couple of times, and it'll be like second nature to you.  the only time that i have ever had problems with it, is if i was in an area with rf interference where it would allow some communication between the fob and the hfsm, but not all of it, so it wouldn't allow the bike to start, and also at the same time, not allow me to input the pin.  what i had to do was to walk about 15' away, set my key down, and then do it.  if you do that, just remember to go pick your key back up :D
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

Look in the owner's manual and see if they still have that tear out wallet card with the instructions and a place to write down your personal code.  They included it in the manual in the old days, maybe they still do.  Wallet cards, assuming you don't lose your wallet, are probably more reliable than a "smart" phone.  How "smart" can that phone be if it can't handle a little water? ;)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2

Thanks guys it was v twin reference. And yes grc, the phones aren't very smart. Neither is the owner who spit himself off the jet ski at 60 mph before putting the phone in a safer place than my front pocket! The good news is no road rash, just a little water in all the holes. :'(
T-MAN 117 kit

Page created in 1.071 seconds with 21 queries.