Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Did I mess up making it my own  (Read 1398 times)

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Did I mess up making it my own
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 10:11:05 PM »

I looked up NADA base low retail, which is usually the most a dealer will put in a used bike, in REAL money. He may tell you he's putting more, but he is making it up on fianancing, or extended warranty or "Dealer fees". So on your bike it is $12125 tonight using a central florida zip code.
By the time he deducted for your handlebars, seat and windshield, not counting the aftermarket exhaust and the fact someone has "messed" with the computer,, the fact he offered you only a grand less I understand. Not saying I agree, just understand.
We spend big money for upgrades and it used to be OK with the average used buyers, but not anymore. They want a used bike nobody has messed with. I traded my bike just like yours on my 15 RGCVO, they looked at it, gave me a price for original equipment. I went home and spent two days taking stuff off and putting it back as stock as I could. Sold almost all the stuff I took off on here and ebay/craigslist and did OK in the end. Even ended up selling the TTS to the new buyer. So maybe you could try that.

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »

Maybe I phrased some things wrong in my original post. I only went in to test ride the M8 to prove to myself I didn’t need to get a new scoot, the dealer was the one wanting me to trade mine in. I just wanted to ride & M8 & letting them value mine was part of the requirements. Personally I’m glad I rode the M8, but I wasn’t really all that impressed by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
    • Dan's Albums
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2018, 12:13:02 PM »

I traded in my '08 SERK Annie on my '09 SERG O/B.

When I took it in for the trade review, they said that it's not worth anything extra for any of my options, exhaust, tuner, tourpak etc.  He said he would give me the same price if it were showroom stock.

The next day upon trade in it was "showroom stock".  I got my deal and sold the remaining takeoff parts for around $2500.  They actually gave me a good allowance, but I made out better with the re-selling of my parts.

I've not really seen anything that would make me "want" to replace my '09 Orange and Black beauty.  I've got less than 19k miles on it and it's on my lift getting ready for my trek to ES in a couple weeks.

Your bike looks great, it's a keeper!
Dan

1976 FLH
2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
Dan's Car - Bike - Projects Photo Albums

Simple Man

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 01:22:58 PM »

A very wise man that runs the local independently owned bike shop by me one told me, if you put 5 thousand into a 2 thousand dollar bike, you still have a two thousand dollar bike.
Blue 01 FLTRSEI2

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »

Well very wise man (my dad) also told me that the grass always seems greener on the other side, but what I’ve found out is that it rarely is. So I make a point of trying things out first like taking a test ride to see if it actually is. I never intended on buying new, never have & never will.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 02:58:27 PM »

Well very wise man (my dad) also told me that the grass always seems greener on the other side, but what I’ve found out is that it rarely is. So I make a point of trying things out first like taking a test ride to see if it actually is. I never intended on buying new, never have & never will.

... And my Dad used to say a similar thing to me,

"Although the grass always appears to be greener on the other side, remember you still have to cut it!"

;D
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 06:43:37 PM »

A while back I stopped in at the Dealer and the Blue 115th caught my eye. They looked over my 13 SERG and said we will you give you X, I don't recall something around 21K, but they were high on their bike. I said well none of the extras that are on my bike will go with it. I was surprised when they said why not? Just sell it to us like it is. At least they were not trying to dock me for mods.

Like others if I was ever to trade in or sell it, all the stock stuff with the exception of some engine internals will come off and be sold. I keep EVERYTHING that gets replaced. We all like our bikes our way - super rare to see any two that are truly the same, not sure I ever have after the owner has them a week or two.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 24 queries.