Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Absolutely Unreal 2015 CVO Road Glide - Paint Issues  (Read 10555 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Absolutely Unreal 2015 CVO Road Glide - Paint Issues
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 07:26:25 PM »

Good question...

Another question is why the dealership would complete the transaction....   :nixweiss:

Both the same questions occurred to me also.  Along with the absolute assumption that rather than allowing such a large warranty claim Harley might demand the bikes back to pursue a different claim with the OE.  Despite the relative ease of swapping tins id have pushed for the selling dealer to find a different bike.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »

Good question...

Another question is why the dealership would complete the transaction....   :nixweiss:

Do you mean the transaction with the customer, or perhaps the transaction with H-D?  I know that back in the day I had dealers that would refuse to accept delivery of vehicles that were seriously screwed up (and they closely inspected each and every one before accepting the delivery and signing the delivery documents).  But knowing how Harley operates, I guess their dealers know they would pay a heavy price if they actually stood up to the boys in Milwaukee.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 08:08:42 PM »

Do you mean the transaction with the customer, or perhaps the transaction with H-D?  I know that back in the day I had dealers that would refuse to accept delivery of vehicles that were seriously screwed up (and they closely inspected each and every one before accepting the delivery and signing the delivery documents).  But knowing how Harley operates, I guess their dealers know they would pay a heavy price if they actually stood up to the boys in Milwaukee.

Jerry

Yes....

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »

Makes one wonder who is ultimately responsible for approving, as in quality control inspection, of each painted piece for CFO's. Internal MOCO or the painting contractor these days? Seems it still resides up in Tomahawk facility, but think they at least used to use an outside contractor there.

Date:  Feb 11, 2015 
Auto req ID: 3584BR
Title: Manufacturing Engineer I
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Tomahawk
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift:  Shift 2

Job Summary:
 This position provides technical support for a variety of paint processes, including robotic equipment. Major responsibilities include enhancing paint processes by assuring that motorcycle parts are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity, and cost requirements. Interface will occur with production supervisors, production employees, quality and engineering stakeholders, and manufacturing support services. Other responsibilities include developing cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity. Specific results include continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, workflow and on-time product delivery. Perform supervisory duties as required.

Familiarity with the following is desired:
-Detail process planning, including specifying speeds, feeds, tooling, fixturing, and gaging
-Practical application of ergonomics
-Machining operations and equipment, familiarity with Lean / cellular concepts
-Equipment justification and procurement, costing methods / value analysis
-Process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability
-Capacity planning, including productivity measurements, manpower planning, and material flow
-Process documentation / information using CAD
-ISO standards and their relationship to company policies, procedures and instructions
Supplemental Information:
 This position will support paint manufacturing efforts at both plants. Hours can vary based on production needs by shifts, and during peak and off-peak seasons. The ideal candidate will have some experience and/or demonstrated skills in the following areas: continuous improvement, communication, cost improvement, delivery performance, product development, and quality improvement.

Any unsolicited resumes submitted will become the property of Harley-Davidson

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »

Makes one wonder who is ultimately responsible for approving, as in quality control inspection, of each painted piece for CFO's. Internal MOCO or the painting contractor these days? Seems it still resides up in Tomahawk facility, but think they at least used to use an outside contractor there.

Date:  Feb 11, 2015 
Auto req ID: 3584BR
Title: Manufacturing Engineer I
Job Function: Engineering
State and City: Wisconsin, Tomahawk
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Shift:  Shift 2

Job Summary:
 This position provides technical support for a variety of paint processes, including robotic equipment. Major responsibilities include enhancing paint processes by assuring that motorcycle parts are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity, and cost requirements. Interface will occur with production supervisors, production employees, quality and engineering stakeholders, and manufacturing support services. Other responsibilities include developing cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity. Specific results include continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, workflow and on-time product delivery. Perform supervisory duties as required.

Familiarity with the following is desired:
-Detail process planning, including specifying speeds, feeds, tooling, fixturing, and gaging
-Practical application of ergonomics
-Machining operations and equipment, familiarity with Lean / cellular concepts
-Equipment justification and procurement, costing methods / value analysis
-Process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability
-Capacity planning, including productivity measurements, manpower planning, and material flow
-Process documentation / information using CAD
-ISO standards and their relationship to company policies, procedures and instructions
Supplemental Information:
 This position will support paint manufacturing efforts at both plants. Hours can vary based on production needs by shifts, and during peak and off-peak seasons. The ideal candidate will have some experience and/or demonstrated skills in the following areas: continuous improvement, communication, cost improvement, delivery performance, product development, and quality improvement.

Any unsolicited resumes submitted will become the property of Harley-Davidson

I think my highlighted the parts of the job that show up more often than others. ::)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

sneezy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 09:27:57 PM »

Interesting. On Feb. 19th I took delivery of my CVO RG Ultra/Carbon Dust and Autum Sunset . It has a flaw in the paint on one of my saddle bag lids. It looks like it is down in the paint under the clear coat.  I have notified the dealer but have not brought it back up there. Guess I need to look closely at the rest of the bike.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.