Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: looking for powervision map  (Read 1919 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
looking for powervision map
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:36:59 PM »

i always hear about how a proper map will help keep the bike running cool.  i know these are big (relatively speaking) motors, and you're sitting right on top of them, but my bike is pretty durn hot.  i've not had my bike dyno'd, (2 reasons, no funds at the moment, and no decent tuner nearby) but have a 'canned' map installed.  what i would like is if someone who has had their bike dyno'd and running well, if they would send me a copy of their map so i can compare it with my canned one.

my setup:
stock (heavy breather) ac
stock cams
fullsac decatted headpipe with stock mufflers and 2.0 baffles

thanks
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
Re: looking for powervision map
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 01:36:43 PM »

I think you are using wrong map, as I know there is NO power vision canned MAP for any Fulsac products, not sure from where did you get this MAP

There is not benefit of compairing maps, batter that you do couple of auto tune sessions for smoothing VE's, you should feel little improvement.

Do dyno tune once you are ready

Sarhan
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »

For what you have, just about any Base Map for a CVO Bagger that includes a 2-1-2 (decatted) pipe and aftermarket mufflers should be a good starting point. Embrace the "AutoTune function in the PV, play with it, you might find (like me) that you don't really need to dyno... 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:33:16 PM »

I don't know Scratch. The map you sent me is working pretty darn good after I finished my autotuning. Engine temps have yet to go over 245*, but I use the Wardpartswerks fans. I got the crotch cooler heat shields from Capt Itch and the bike is a joy to ride. I'll email you my tune based off yours. My mpg is 38.5.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:12:58 PM »

glad the map is working good for you.  I am in the minority here, not many people do any mods to their bikes, so this is all self learned for me.

I have done some autotune runs on the original map, and my bike feels like it is running good, but it feels 'hot' to me, though I don't have a way to measure oil temp, and cylinder head temp isn't really what I would consider excessive according to the pv.

it may just be my ocd, but when I hear people talking about their tune 'cooled' their bike down so much, I gotta wonder if there is something better out there than what I am using.....

sarhan, map came from fuel moto.  thanks for your map, I notice a much smaller area at 14.4, and a much larger richer area.....  stuck in shift work for the next 2 weeks, but afterwards, hopefully the rain will be done and I can do some 'comparison' and autotune runs with your map.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Delta

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »

I do believe that it's the nature of the 110 beast. The heat off the motor seems hotter than the trike I had. That's why I went with the Capt Itch crotch cooler. For less then $100 it sure made a big difference. The look grows on you after a while. I'm comfortable, that's all that counts.

With the heat you have down south, it must be brutal at times.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 11:23:51 AM »

AT100 is a good tool with PV .. Good luck
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

adkg12

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 - CVO Screaming Eagle Road King.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »

These 110's are hotter than my old TC96, but I can assure you (depending on where you live of course) that the heat can be managed.  I was blazing hot initially and thought I was going to burn up and die!  I however didnt get a PV or PC.  I ended up with a V&H Fuelpak.  I know many dont like them, and honestly, I am not a fan boy either, but with some patience and "tuning" of the modes, you can get get it pretty close.  It takes a lot of feedback from you back to V&H, but you can get it pretty close.  My heat was worst obviously at idle, but oddly enough, I was cooking at road speeds as well.  I could be cruising at 70mph and my right leg would be on fire (Y-Pipe).  And I have NO cats!  I digress, with some "tuning" it can be very manageable to the point that it is hardly noticeable.  This way you can OCD in on all the stray noises your motor, tires, primary, and brakes make! LOL
Good luck
Glen

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.