Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Support for flash tuners in UK.  (Read 1938 times)

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
Support for flash tuners in UK.
« on: April 05, 2015, 05:19:13 AM »

On my previous Street Glide when I ditched the cat and went for a Stage 1 I went with the SEPST tuner, canned map and some autotune runs and minor tweaks.

I was quite comfortable with using the SEPST and happy with the results.

I'm planning ahead with the SESG that's currently on a boat. Headers and mufflers will be the first to be sorted but I'd be surprised if I don't end up doing cams sooner rather than later.   So I've read lots here (and elsewhere) about the various flash tuners and have to say that  if I was in the States I'd probably veer towards the TTS.

But I've been trawling around and so far most dyno tuners in the UK seem to be offering Dynojet only. I've found a couple of places using direct link and one guy who will tune with SEPST. 

So, UK guys, have I missed something?  Do you know reputable dyno tuners that know Harleys and can tune with TTS?

casbar

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 RK
Re: Support for flash tuners in UK.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »

My 2014 RK came with a SEPST. When I fitted a set of True Duals, I bought the cables for the tuner, downloaded the software and loaded a map that a chap from HD Forums.com emailed me. I told him my setup, he emailed me two maps, one leaner than the other. I was really surprised, the map was spot on, bike runs like a dream, so job done. If I was going for a dyno, I would speak to Boz at Powerglides, he has a very good reputation, think his place is somewhere near Dartford.

lonewolf55

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:03:56 AM »

If I was going for a dyno, I would speak to Boz at Powerglides, he has a very good reputation, think his place is somewhere near Dartford.
Very, very good advice.
http://www.powerglides.co.uk/machine_shop.php

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:28:18 AM »

Well the TTS will tune out to 80 KPA in V tune on the stock sensors and then it will calc out the rest.. OR you could buy the green module and a set of wide band stand alone 02 sensors as the module will use both narrow and wide and you can tune the bike your self.

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »

Well the TTS will tune out to 80 KPA in V tune on the stock sensors and then it will calc out the rest.. OR you could buy the green module and a set of wide band stand alone 02 sensors as the module will use both narrow and wide and you can tune the bike your self.

I have been tempted.

Especially with the support shown on this forum by the likes of TTS, Fullsac and GMR I'd almost be surprised if I couldn't get a decent canned map to start and with some autotuning runs get to 85-90% of a good tune and tune out any decel popping or other irritations.  But I also appreciate that I'm only ever going to be an amateur and my day job keeps busy enough and makes my brain hurt enough that I may not be able to cope with too much new learning!

So I suppose I want to have my cake and eat it - a tuner I can use but that would also be supported by an expert with a dyno.

Unfortunately the wife has vetoed my application to move to the US even though I did explain it would make some things a lot easier.   

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:30:29 AM »

Move her and yourself to Australia then mate !!

Lotsa "Poms" here already and year round riding here in Western Australia

Many of my riding crew are English by birth , "Australian" by naturalization.

Then I'll help you with TTS no worries as I've put most all of my riding crew onto TTS before now
No illegitimi carborundum

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 10:59:45 AM »

Cheers

I'll run that past the wife - she did say she wanted a new house....  ;)

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.