Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Touchup Paint  (Read 2485 times)

rpierce

• Power and Style
Touchup Paint
« on: October 07, 2004, 10:25:02 PM »

Anybody bought any touchup paint? [smiley=drink.gif]

103Eagle

• Full CVO Member
  • Always Lookin fer sumtin but dunno what!
Re: Touchup Paint
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 05:47:45 AM »

Yep, bought a 2 pack of brush on touch up from the dealer.  Starlight Black and Cobalt Blue.  Not a touch up pen but 2 small bottles of paint with brush inside cap.  Was told larger quanity  in quarts was not available from dealer.  This may have changed since I purchased the bottles.  Check with your dealer.  The paint was not available right away, had to wait a couple of months after release of the bike.
Cheers!

[smiley=beerchug.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE, HD Race Tuner, D-D Performance Fat Cat Exhaust, Ghost Pipe, SE High Flow Air Cleaner, Detachable King Tour Pak, RCA Lyra MP3 player and some chrome goodies! 2009 Street Glide

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 08:21:32 AM »

From what I can get from my dealer only touch up paint in small bottles will be avalible for the first year or so,  they say it helps keep clones of the bike down.  Theres a thread on paint but so far know one has come up with a PPG paint code for the Orange paint.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

MObe

• Elite CVO Member
  • Damn, Those Jalapeno's are HOT!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 11:34:24 AM »

If twolanerider checks this thread.... they have the touchup set for your cherry flhtcse2 at cycle connection. I ordered the teal touch up set but they ordered the wrong set....bad for me....good for you.........cheers
MObe

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 01:21:10 PM »

I bought the touch up for the O&B 3 little bottles with the brush in them (orange has 2 bottles base & top coat) $26.00
I fell down (front wheel skated out on a plastic bottle) so I needed to touched the edge of the front fender (black only) so I could not even tell you how to use the 2 bottle orange paint (although I am assuming the top coat is just clear)
my pride was hurt more than the scooter!!!
[smiley=vrolijk_24.gif]
I hate when that happens [smiley=laugh.gif]
Oh yeah I had to order and it took about a week to get.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 01:25:53 PM by the_ofender »
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 02:39:23 PM »

I read this thread with interest, "cuts down on clones" ??? Quarts not available??? Why would anyone want a quart of premix from Harley?? ALL HD paint comes from PPG, if the color has been sprayed, it can be mixed. PrePak colors (Pints, Quarts, touch up size, whatever) hardly ever match... except Black. The other colors have to be tinted or blended to match. You could get all the paint you want from the Automotive Paint store in your area that sells PPG, or a local body shop that has the PPG mixing station. Body shops are better than paint stores as they can also supply you with a small amount of  Clear (which you MUST have) Paint store will want to sell you  a larger quanity than you ever need. Remember to keep the color coat well below the orig color at the edge of the chip, the clear has to fill the top half of the chip, then you can sand the clear only and the chip will "go-away". Use 2000 paper to finish and be careful.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »

If twolanerider checks this thread.... they have the touchup set for your cherry flhtcse2 at cycle connection. I ordered the teal touch up set but they ordered the wrong set....bad for me....good for you.........cheers

Outstanding.  I'll call the parts counter in the morning.  Thanks for the heads up.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 08:44:42 AM »

Was looking for the orange when I was doing the graffics on the tour pak so  touch up bottles wouldn't work.  thats when my dealer told me about holding back the paint and clones.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 11:34:54 AM »

Tried four shops in Dallas area trying to get some touch up paint-no luck, I had to order it .  The number for Starlight Black and Cobalt Blue is 94231.  I thought I had better go ahead and get it while they are still making it available.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.