Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reteach CVO Garage door opener  (Read 3293 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Reteach CVO Garage door opener
« on: July 18, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »

Anyone know how to reteach the CVO garage door opener on a 2005 SEEG??
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Reteach CVO Garage door opener
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 07:53:29 PM »

Anyone know how to reteach the CVO garage door opener on a 2005 SEEG??

The transmitter to the bike Matt?  Or the receiver to the door opener in the garage?  Of if they're both already installed the mating of one to the other to make them work?

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »

Don,
   I should have just called you. I'm sitting here with my bro-in-law and I told him "I should just call Twolane", now were laughing..... I just did a bunch of stuff to my 05SEEG and when it came back from the shop and the bike to reciever (Garage door) isn't working. Any thoughts??
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »

Don,
   I should have just called you. I'm sitting here with my bro-in-law and I told him "I should just call Twolane", now were laughing..... I just did a bunch of stuff to my 05SEEG and when it came back from the shop and the bike to reciever (Garage door) isn't working. Any thoughts??

If the pieces are all installed (or at least assumed to be so) here's what I'd do Matt:

1) Watch the LED on the receiver while operating the controls on the bike to see if it blinks.  If it does not pull the fairing so you can check all the connections to the transmitter.

2) If the LED on the receiver does at least blink then unplug the receiver from the wall, plug it back in, hold down the button for 15 seconds or so to clear its memory then re-pair it with the transmitter.

Never being one to trust coincidences have to ask; what was the bike in the shop for?  Anything requiring work inside the fairing or any electrical work whatsoever?  We both know that if anything was done in these areas it is the most likely source of the problem.

Good luck getting it sorted Matt.  You know you can feel free to call anytime :2vrolijk_21: .

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »

Don,
   I put a 21" front wheel and hugger fendr, stretched bags and moulded rear fender, new 10" bars and had it painted. Oh and added a chin spoiler. Thanks for the input...

_Beags

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 11:57:08 AM »

Don,
   I put a 21" front wheel and hugger fendr, stretched bags and moulded rear fender, new 10" bars and had it painted. Oh and added a chin spoiler. Thanks for the input...

_Beags

Odds are pretty good that during all that work something was disconnected or damaged.  The power lead for the transmitter in the fairing on the SEEG's connects to the cigar lighter for instance, and it's an easy connection to knock loose or break the terminal off.  You may need to remove the outer fairing and do some checking.  There is a red LED on the transmitter you can see with the outer fairing removed that will illuminate when you cycle the high beam switch up and down, if it's getting power and the connection to the headlamp wiring is still intact.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »

Don,

_Beags

Sounds cool Matt.  Where the hell are the pictures?

Fairing was off for the bar change.  Start with the simple stuff.  See if they unplugged at the cigarette lighter connections.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 03:29:43 PM »

Thanks guy's........False alarm. Damn thing works. I should have called 1-800-dumbass  :)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 04:42:51 PM »

Thanks guy's........False alarm. Damn thing works. I should have called 1-800-dumbass  :)

Wrong thread for that Matt.  Check here: 

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=102934.0

::)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 06:05:28 PM »

Oh my........Thanks Don. I needed that today :huepfenjump3:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »

Yes Beags, we are waiting pics of the new improvements. :drink:

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.