Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Outpost  (Read 5579 times)

Bagger

The Outpost
« on: January 15, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »

When Renea and I lived in the Wiregrass (AKA: Lower Alabama), we used to hop on the scoot just about every Sunday morning, meet up with some friends, and head down AL 167 to Hartford, AL for breakfast at Mom's Kitchen.  After breakfast, we'd continue down AL 167 to the Florida state line, where the highway becomes FL 79.  From here there are myriad ways to get where we're going but for simplicity's sake, we'd stay on FL 79 until it intersected FL 20 at the dog track in Ebro, FL.  We'd make a right on FL 20 and head west for about 6 miles.  Then we'd make a left on Walton County Road 3280 in Bruce, FL and stay on that road for about 10 miles until we came to the community of Black Creek.  Just as we crossed the Black Creek, there was this rockin' little place called The Outpost.  Every Sunday afternoon during the warmer months, there would be a live band there, and people riding all brands of motorcycles would gather to jam with the band, enjoy a great time, drink a beer or three, enjoy some good cajun cooking, BBQ, pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs and just generally while away a great afternoon...........and enjoy a ride down there and back.  Since we've moved to north Alabama, this is one of the things we miss most about living down there.  I'm including a few pictures from early last Spring when we were last down there.  If you find yourself in the Destin/Panama City area, you should drop by The Outpost on a Sunday afternoon.  Great little place to have a great time.

Bagger

Re: The Outpost
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:16:03 AM »

You just can see my old 02 Ultra smack dab in the middle of the picture.

Bagger

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:17:50 AM »

Here is a view from the bridge at an opposite angle from the two previous shots.

Bagger

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »

Here's a picture of my choice of fare for that day.  Ssometimes they have shrimp complete with heads.  Sometimes, when in season, they have crawfish.  This particular plate is known to us regulars as the "Bucket of Chit."  Great stuff.

Bagger

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 10:30:11 AM »

These next two shots are from one of out trips down there in 2005.  Here's one of us at Mom's Kitchen in Hartford, AL.  You just can see my old Ultra's fairing.

Bagger

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »

Last one.  Our Gang at The Outpost!

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.