Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Car swerves to hit motorcyclist on purpose then says....."I don't care"  (Read 4987 times)

Tibs

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: '15 Limited
Re: Car swerves to hit motorcyclist on purpose then says....."I don't care"
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 07:11:34 PM »

This has been on my mind so much today.   I had a dump truck pull the speed up trick and swerve when I was passing LEGALLY within the speed limit two weeks ago.   I thought that was odd as I let off and waited for another passing opportunity.   He did it a second time and no way was it an accident.   Wife snapped a picture of the "hows my driving" and I stopped for gas.    I reported his driving skills.

In defensive driving they taught us to always slow down when someone tries to prevent you from passing (speeding up) and avoid them so you aren't in that situation because you will never win.   

I actually slow down when someone is passing me to make it safer for both of us.

Irregardless of the cyclist putting himself in that situation it is absolutely no excuse for him to "teach him a lesson".   Im really glad nobody shot the bastard out of retaliation.   Being Texas and all, I always assume everyone is armed. 

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 07:16:06 PM »

Maybe now.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »

A few years ago while riding in Colorado, three of us were riding down a street with no stop signs.  All the intersecting roads had stop signs, but the street we were riding on did not.  We had visited some friends in an extremely wealthy subdivision.  Multi million dollar homes everywhere.  Very hilly landscape.  I was riding third in line - probably 75 feet between each bike.  I noticed a convertible sports car at a stop sign to our right.  My riding friend Ken was first in line.  When Ken was about 20 feet from the convertible at the stop sign, the driver (elderly guy) let off the brake and rolled about a foot forward.  Scared the crap out of Ken and he abruptly swerved away from him.  The guy in the car smiled (Ken didn't notice as he was in avoidance mode).  When the second bike (a friend from Colorado) in line came within 20 feet of the convertible, the guy did the same thing.  The second bike did an abrupt avoidance move, just as Ken had done.  (He had not noticed what had happened to Ken).  The guy smiles again and is watching the second bike.  So now I'm approaching him (he's still looking at the second bike).  I aim directly for his drivers side door and accelerate.  With a big grin on his face he turns his attention towards me.  His grin quickly turns into a look of panic when he sees me fast approaching him, aimed straight at him.  When I get close, I calmly steer around him and give him the middle finger salute.  It's quite possible he chit his pants.  The look on his face was priceless...   :)

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 09:30:12 PM »

Saw on the news tonight this guy, who stated he didn't care, you can hear it in the video.  Well, Im sure he regrets saying that now.  Texas has now charged him with two counts of "Aggravated Assault with a deadly weapon"  each count is worth 20 years.  Not only that, they are not to run concurrently.  So if convicted, he is in the pen for a very long time.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »

Maybe he can pick up trash on the side of the road for many years. Oh, in the Mohave.

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2015, 04:52:51 PM »

Clearly the guy had issues  to even think to do something like this. He really didn't care because he stopped at the scene. As people said above we have all done stupid things in our youth! But at least we learned. I have passed when it isn't legal with cages and bikes. I have been passed by very stupid bikers as well (on hills, between lanes, no room to pass at all, etc.) but I never thought to do anything to harm them and if fact slow down to let them in. I hope the riders come out Ok. I have had friends come out of these will some serious issues (doing stupid things). They were just enjoying the day and the ride. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 25 queries.