Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I love my new 2015 RGU  (Read 2502 times)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
I love my new 2015 RGU
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:15:02 PM »

I've had a lot of bikes over the years, metric all the way up to a Gold Wing, and now this is my 4th Harley and 2nd CVO, and I have to say, that this may be my favorite big bike yet and maybe my favorite of all time.
I have many fond memories of my first bike, a 50cc Suzuki Gaucho I paid $285 cash for at age 13, and then memories of a 125cc Kawasaki I bought new for around $600 that was my first licensed "street bike", and then the '07 EG Ultra Classic that I totalled when I hit a deer in August 2010, but I'm thinking that this bike has the potential to surpass my love for any and all of them. 
Every time I look at the new RGU, I can't believe we're so blessed to have this awesome piece of technology and machinery, and every time I ride it, I just get this s#*t-eating grin on my face from the experience of being on it. 
I've gone crazy with new pipes, a Race Tuner, dyno time, Boogey Lights, a SoftBrake, a Freedom Shield, and now a Race Deck garage floor to park the bike on, but even my wife is going crazy, and spends all her spare time on ebay looking at Harley stuff.  She just ordered a new skull belt buckle and skulls have never been her thing...until now, that is.  I've spent hours out in my shop working on the "Harley Pen" out there, and just polishing the new scoot.
I know I would sound like an idiot to most folks, but to you all, I know you understand what I'm going through.  I just thought I'd share it with you.  I hope the enthusiasm rubs off on you if you need a little lift to get you thru your week!
If you've got some enthusiasm of your own to share, go ahead and hijack this thread and tell us about it!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: I love my new 2015 RGU
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »

well, thats why you buy em. congrats on the new ride. enjoy!! :cucumber: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :jalapeno:

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 11:59:45 PM »

I feel your enthusiasm. I was raised in the country and had dirt bikes from a very young age all the way to mid twenties then life happened. I had a few street bikes ( metrics)but wasn't crazy about riding with all the crazies driving around me. Then at the ripe age of 40 I decided it was time to buy a Harley. Nudged a little by the wife which had wanted us to have one before I did. Since buying a slightly used 14 street glide November last year we have been riding like there is no tomorrow. On a trip to Vegas late April we took cover at a dealer in Bellemont AZ. to get out of the sleet and rain for a minute. And low and behold there was this blue cvo road glide ultra calling my name. We rode the bike out of the shop area into about two inches of sleet and slush to continue on with our trip. Early June we took a trip to Colorado and while in grand junction we bought the wife a freewheeler trike. She was ecstatic and loves riding it. I've owned my ultra for 3 months now and have put 6k miles on it. We are actually taking a trip up your way this weekend with some friends. Ride safe and enjoy.

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:10:07 AM »

That is a purdy scooter, Harry, I'm happy that you are still happy with the purchase.  I'm not into all that LED action but I will say yours looks VERY nice indeed.  The blue lights don't detract but allow the paint to glow....well done.

That Abyss blue/Crushed sapphire is a great color combo.  K'ville HD still has one (new) at their Clinton Hwy store but it's in service at present having the windshield repaired (was scratched moving it from their West store....then they found one of the grommets that hold the windshield in place was stripped....).  Soon as it's ready (I'm hoping this week) I'm taking it out for a little spin to see what all you RG fanatics are talking about.  I've not owned a fixed faring HD....so far.  I liked the Carbon Dust but that blue combo is just, so mello.  I've never owned a blue bike either (closest to blue I came was a '94 Aqua FXSTC) but you never can tell what the future may bring...... :2vrolijk_21:

Enthusiasm is good, by the way..... ;D

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »

That is a purdy scooter, Harry, I'm happy that you are still happy with the purchase.  I'm not into all that LED action but I will say yours looks VERY nice indeed.  The blue lights don't detract but allow the paint to glow....well done.

That Abyss blue/Crushed sapphire is a great color combo.  K'ville HD still has one (new) at their Clinton Hwy store but it's in service at present having the windshield repaired (was scratched moving it from their West store....then they found one of the grommets that hold the windshield in place was stripped....).  Soon as it's ready (I'm hoping this week) I'm taking it out for a little spin to see what all you RG fanatics are talking about.  I've not owned a fixed faring HD....so far.  I liked the Carbon Dust but that blue combo is just, so mello.  I've never owned a blue bike either (closest to blue I came was a '94 Aqua FXSTC) but you never can tell what the future may bring...... :2vrolijk_21:

Enthusiasm is good, by the way..... ;D

DONT DO IT!!! If you ride it you will buy it. I speak from experience. I bought the blue one.

Rumsey

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MS

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »

I have to admit the 2015 RG is a nice riding machine. I purchased mine two weeks ago, added true duels ,tuner and had it dyno'd. This bike will roll. I had a 2011 RG ultra, had 41k on it, decided I wanted to step up to the CVO and glad I did.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »

Must be enthused about mine, Its in the garage after a 6881 mile trip in 15 days with 19,994 miles on the odometer at just over 9 months old.  20K service was just done, as when I get off the Rig, I'm riding to Sturgis, which will be a 3500-4K mile trip. 8)
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.