Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand  (Read 17573 times)

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
Re: Wheeldock E-Z Up Stand
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2013, 08:41:38 PM »

How much would it pay???

Has anyone tried one of these from the MOCO - they claim it can be adjusted to just hold the bike up without lifting the rear tire -

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/center-stand-pa-17-9895908--1

I bought one of the H-D stands a few years ago and it lasted on the bike for just over an hour... That's how long it took to ride home from the dealership, try out the stand and then ride back to the dealership to have it removed.  They were nice enough  to give me full credit.  Waaaay to hard to get it up on the stand.  I tried out a Wheeldock stand at Americade a few years later and was very impressed.  I currently own two of their wheel chocks and love them so when I get around to getting a center stand, it will be a wheeldock for sure as they are wonderful people to deal with and make a great product.

The only reason why I haven't put on a center stand yet is because of lowering my bike and as others have mentioned, dragging the stand around corners and over speed bumps.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Nitrobrother

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Yellow
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »

How much would it pay???

Ha!  Well, let's just say that your tax bracket will probably go down.  Way down.

Has anyone tried one of these from the MOCO - they claim it can be adjusted to just hold the bike up without lifting the rear tire -

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/center-stand-pa-17-9895908--1

This is the one I found for the touring bikes:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/center-stand-pa-17-9157309--1
I don't want to hijack the thread ( :jack: ), but does anyone else have experience with Mother Harley's stand?
Current:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide - Yellow
Previous bikes:
2008 Street Glide - Black Pearl
2005 Softail Deluxe - Blue/White
2004 Road Glide - Smokey Gold
2003 Road Glide - Anniversary
(kids - 20+ bike-less years)
1981 Yamaha Seca 650 - what a great bike

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 11:43:44 PM »

Funny, just realized today that my E-Z Up is now powered. Just made the pad contact the ground in reverse and it parked itself. It may very well be the most expensive powered center stand on the market  :P

Nitrobrother

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Yellow
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2013, 03:30:51 PM »

Funny, just realized today that my E-Z Up is now powered. Just made the pad contact the ground in reverse and it parked itself. It may very well be the most expensive powered center stand on the market  :P

Now that's just brilliant.  That just might solve my wonkyankle issues.
Current:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide - Yellow
Previous bikes:
2008 Street Glide - Black Pearl
2005 Softail Deluxe - Blue/White
2004 Road Glide - Smokey Gold
2003 Road Glide - Anniversary
(kids - 20+ bike-less years)
1981 Yamaha Seca 650 - what a great bike

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »

I am trying to figure out why anyone want this on their HD?

Can someone let me know what the reason to do this is  :nixweiss:

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »

For me my ninja sunk into the blacktop years ago. The kickstand was pretty close to an icepick. Then I saw this vendor at a progressive mc show and liked the idea. Watched the video of being able to ride off. Stability for BSR mounting. Seems to be easier for me to top off fuel with it. Cleaning also just seems a little easier being both sides straight up. Displays a lil better on ride nights? Probably just mental, mine was a birthday gift. If it wasn't given to me I would've eventually bought it anyway though.

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »

I am trying to figure out why anyone want this on their HD?

Can someone let me know what the reason to do this is  :nixweiss:

For me it makes cleaning, servicing, packing for a trip, and storing a lot eaiser. Also takes up less room when it's standing up straight. I've heard others say when traveling if you use an unmarked cover, thieves will think it's a Honda.  :-\  I just purchased a 14 model and can't use the one off my 06, and I misss it. Will be looking for one soon.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »

Got it, that make sense especially for parking. I use one of those front wheel stands on my lift and ride the MC in to that every time I park, take much less space.

SC103

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Wheeldock Review
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2015, 02:49:31 PM »

Have had two toy haulers; current model is Work & Play 30WRS.  I did NOT want to drill holes in the cargo area floor for any chock.  I tried several types of wheel chocks but all had issues.  My good pal ordered one for his Indian.  Said it worked great.  So I ordered one for my 05 CVO Fat Boy.  It is solid, works easily.  A great piece of design and manufacturing.  The big test came on its first use in my toy hauler.

Even without being "bolted to the floor", the Wheeldock did the job. The bike rolls in, the wheeldock stays put.  The others all would move forward if not bolted down.  My wheeldock did move and inch or two laterally after my rig hit a massive "heat heave" on I-95 in South Carolina.  But, with proper cargo straps and secure hooks, the bike stayed where it was supposed to be. 

Sturgis is next; almost 2,000 miles from Saint Augustine.  I have no worries with Wheeldock.  It's worth every penny.  The others?  Just junk.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »

I installed a WheelDock center stand on my '07 EG Ultra Classic.  I thought it would be useful and helpful, but it hit every speed bump, and was very hard to use.  It also lowered my ground clearance and I seem to remember losing lean angle from it as a result.  For me, the money would have been better spent on other accessories or kept in my pocket.  I do have their Wheel Chock, and I 100% heartily recommend that.  See my thread on that if interested.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 25 queries.