Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swap the Fullsac 2" Power Core baffles to the 2.25". My opinion.  (Read 1654 times)

CVO Limited

• TN

• CVO1: 2014 Limited

I too did a Fullsac Power Core "baffle" swap just like "Yzernie" but I went from the 2" to the 2.25". Although I like the 2" Power Cores a LOT more than stock exhaust, they didn't have the loudness that I was looking for.

I ran the 2" for about 4,000 miles. During this time I was able to drive on all kinds of roads and conditions. I just wasn't happy with the sound. I wanted louder! My wife and I don't use the helmet mic that came with the CVO. While using the 2" we have always been able to talk to each other at the speeds we ride.

Yesterday I swapped the 2" for the 2.25" and we went for a 150 mile ride. That was all I needed! The 2.25 Power Cores are more to my liking. They are just a little louder at idle and have more of a rumble sound while under light acceleration. When I'm cruising along and need to make a quick pass, I'll go Wide Open Throttle (WOT) and they really come to life. My wife and I are still able to talk to each other during the ride, just not at "WOT".

The bike runs fine with the swap. No noticeable difference in power or response with the tune installed. I happened to check the MPG after the trip and I'm still getting 44.5.

If anyone is interested in the 2" Power Cores, I've listed them in Market Place under Selling.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Swap the Fullsac 2" Power Core baffles to the 2.25". My opinion.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »

I plan on doing some testing here this fall on the DX pipe with a cam and all three baffle cores. I want to see the same bike with each baffle to look over the curve to see how it changes. Cam will have a large effect on the final end power curve. With the 255 I would not think it would matter that much. But I may be wrong time will tell
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

CVO Limited

• TN

• CVO1: 2014 Limited
Re: Swap the Fullsac 2" Power Core baffles to the 2.25". My opinion.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »

I can see a larger lift cam could benefit using a less restrictive exhaust.

I believe all here that have or plan on having the power cores would love to see the dyno sheets from an independent source. Especially if you did the three power cores before the cam swap and all three again after.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.