Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Air Hawk Cushion Size?  (Read 2174 times)

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
Air Hawk Cushion Size?
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:02:13 AM »

I have an '10 FLHRSEI5 and am going to try an Air Hawk seat.  According to their website I should get the large but have read posts here that suggest I should get a Medium.  I'm 6'1  210 lbs if it matters.  Does anyone have any experience with these and can give me some good advice?  Also, are they as good as I hear?
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

admccrea

Re: Air Hawk Cushion Size?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:05:17 AM »

I use a medium on my RoadGlide and i am very happy with that size.   I am 5'10 and weigh 225.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »

I have an 08 SERK and find the medium perfect.  Since I have the big gut no ass body style my butt is the first thing to start hurting.  I'm also vertically challenged so my wife and I have a system of her removing it when we hit traffic.  I use mine daily on my hardwood kitchen chair.  It works great as a back rest while taking a long bath, (remove the cover).  I learned about these from seeing them on wheel chairs. They are not cheap but I think they are worth it in my case.  For use on my bike I have found that the minimum amount of air works best.  I'm sure there are other uses for it.  I could have sold a few at the New Hampshire NASCAR race, those aluminum bleacher seats should be against the law.  

Good Luck

Ray G.

Dwight

• CVO1: 2011 Road Glide CVO/Champion Trike
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 11:26:36 AM »

I've used the Airhawk cushions for several years.  For the life of me I can't remember what size I use.  We (we both have the Airhawk cushions) rode home from Chicago this summer in one day.  It was 620 miles, our butts hurt by the time we got home, but without the Airhawks we wouldn't have lasted more than about 300 miles.  This wasn't on an HD but the cushions don't care ;D  Great product, purchased from JP Cycle.

Dwight

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »

Purchased a medium cushion for my Wide Glide a few years ago. I'm 5'11" & 195 lbs. Have done several 600+ mile days that wouldn't have been possible without it. Highly recommended!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »

Get the Medium. I have both and the large extends up onto the gas tank and scratches it. You only need the area you sit on anyway, not the area between your legs. The "sit on area" is the same for both. They work great on long rides. I usually start out without it until my butt hurts, then put it on the seat and WOW, what a difference. You'll love it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:24:07 AM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

pedesultra

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:52:53 PM »

We use the medium size frt and back on our SEUC. Air pressure is surprising lower than you would think needed. Great when pressure is set right. I only use it on long rides after the seat starts to get uncomfortable.

2BAGGR

• Full CVO Member
  • Work sucks... Let's ride
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 02:25:59 AM »

I have the medium Airhawk.    I have used it on 4 or 5 different touring bikes, works great for me.   400 or 500 mile rides are no problem.  I never ride without it.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 11:25:06 AM »

If you are talking about the separate air cushions, I have a set for sale. I don't remember them as going by body style as much as seat size. Mine are a rider and passenger set that work perfectly on a touring seat. Selling the set for $150.00, I think they were $279.00 for the set. We used them on our route 66 ride, 4500 miles, in the heat, and they literally "saved my ass".  ::) That is the only time I used them, and they are worth every penny.
Send me a message if you want em.
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.