Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding saddle bag speakers to 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO  (Read 1766 times)

Gcroach

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PE

Adding saddle bag speakers to 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
« on: February 14, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »

Hi folks looking for some suggestions.
Just got my new bike home to the garage and as I wax it over and over again I keep thinking the only other thing this bike needs is a set of saddlebag speakers. So I guess I'm looking for ideas
I know I need bag lids and of course speakers. I'm not sure what's under the main fairing so not sure if I can fit an amp in there or not. I don't really want to use up any room in my saddlebags with an amp and don't want it in the tourpac in case I make it detachable and pull it off. So I guess what I'm really asking is amp suggestions to work with the Harley Head unit.  Do I need 4 channel or 2 ? Audio is really a weak area for me so I appreciate all the help I can get.

Chris

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
Re: Adding saddle bag speakers to 2015 Road Glide Ultra CVO
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 07:53:06 PM »

Hi Chris - I want to do the same with my FLTRUSE. I know there are a lot of very competent audio shops out there, but SoundzCustomz has done amazing installs for me in the past. Contact Pete or anyone who answers.  They are up on all the required flashes and set-up for the 6.5 Boom system. They recently quoted me around $2500 for a fairing amp and 6 Focal speakers in the fairing, tour-pak and saddle bag lids set up for quick detach of the tour-pak. By the way, Harley now offers the saddlebag lids pre-painted in most CVO colors which saves you from finding a good painter who can match the restricted paint. SoundzCustomz attends most major bike events, including Daytona, Myrtle Beach and Sturgis for installs. Hope that helps, PJ

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 07:58:41 PM »

Hi Chris - I want to do the same with my FLTRUSE. I know there are a lot of very competent audio shops out there, but SoundzCustomz has done amazing installs for me in the past. Contact Pete or anyone who answers.  They are up on all the required flashes and set-up for the 6.5 Boom system. They recently quoted me around $2500 for a fairing amp and 6 Focal speakers in the fairing, tour-pak and saddle bag lids set up for quick detach of the tour-pak. By the way, Harley now offers the saddlebag lids pre-painted in most CVO colors which saves you from finding a good painter who can match the restricted paint. SoundzCustomz attends most major bike events, including Daytona, Myrtle Beach and Sturgis for installs. Hope that helps, PJ
I have the same bike and this sounds like the best way to go about this. Changing the stock 4 channel amp to a 6 channel amp as there's no room in the new fairing for another amp....

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Gcroach

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PE

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:31:41 PM »

Thanks guys I'll look into that this week.
Chris

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.