Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Danny Gray (Grey?) Airhawk saddles  (Read 7346 times)

jethro_3(deceased)

• TX

• CVO1: Sara - '11 FLTRUSE dressed in Red
Re: Danny Gray (Grey?) Airhawk saddles
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 08:36:40 PM »

Yes I know I am digging up the past...

That being said, Any follow up on people who have recently bought one?

Concerning filing the air pocket, how do you know much air is right?  Not having owned or sat on one yet, seriously considering one, what if you fill the air bag before you sit on it say 4 pumps or so and then sit down on it letting the air out so it should leave just enough air to fill in the gap?  Would that work?

Ready to take the plunge, just making sure what I am in for.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 08:55:59 PM »

Have had one on my SERK for about 2yrs. Most comfortable seat I have ever sat on, bar none. Black suited me fine, so I bought from the cheapest place I could find (I think it was Amazon). The op are correct about the amount of air, I am most comfy with very little. The good part of that is it is very easy to change the air, even on the fly.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »

While not the same style seat, I had one of his seats on my ole chopper and I must say it was very comfortable.

Good luck with your decision.

:)

jethro_3(deceased)

• TX

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »

Bought my 11 Road Glide CVO in June and finally got a chance to ride 400 plus miles.  HATE the stock hammock, did I say how much I dislike that pos?

Looking at Longhaul or Big Seat.  I am a big guy and only want to do this once.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »

Always interested in more informed product info.  Fortunately since this thread began my Road King found its saddle.  Finally ponied up and went the custom builder route; and got exactly what I wanted.

A gentleman called Master Lugos carefully looked at my ass and my saddle and the two become a sybiotic pair.  At least it seemed so after many many "test-sits" as he worked and reworked my existing and uncomfortable Corbin solo.  This was the only Corbin I'd ever had I couldn't ride very long.

Lugos changed the shape and topped it with a thin layer of a very dense memory foam.  Made it remarkably like other saddles I'd liked previously with perhaps even a bit of improvement out at the hips.  Just a really good all day saddle now. 

Once the ass-matching was done he then finished re-covering the saddle with material that it took me an inordinate amount of time to choose (from among his large selection of options).  Once done, however, it was a home run.  Both visually and in the ride comfort it gives the saddle is now great.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »

Very nice looking seat Don. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 11:07:07 PM »

The AirHawk I am thinking of is an inflatable seat cusion that fits on top of your seat? I saw the above post about  DG  AirHawk seat so I went to the Danny Gray site but couldn't find any info on the the seat. It a AirHawk inside one of his seats?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 11:38:24 PM »

Very nice looking seat Don. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.

So far so good Don.  Not a lot of miles on it.  Only done a few months ago.  It's first impression was great though.  Longest day on it since has been about 600 miles.  That many miles on this saddle before would have been painful if not ruinous.  It was just terrible on hips, rear and other important parts.  The work done flattened it out and widened the seating area.  No more narrow pocket from which scrotal cleavage and other terroristic intentions might be practiced; and it just looks soooo good. :2vrolijk_21:

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 03:24:12 AM »

Concerning filing the air pocket, how do you know much air is right?
I have just the Airhawk cushion on top of my stock seat, not a DG seat with the Airhawk built in.  For the cushion, you blow air in until it's about half-filled.  Then you sit on it and let air out until you just barely can feel the air move when you shift your weight.  Ride and adjust if needed.

The main problem people have at first is too much air in it.  I did too; it just didn't seem like it would work with so little air.  But it does.  I went from about 1 to 2 hours riding time on stock seat to all-day with the cushion.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 06:58:01 AM »

The AirHawk I am thinking of is an inflatable seat cusion that fits on top of your seat? I saw the above post about  DG  AirHawk seat so I went to the Danny Gray site but couldn't find any info on the the seat. It a AirHawk inside one of his seats?
You have prob already figured this out.......it's basically a Airhawk bladder inside the seat. Pump button and release valve on the left.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 08:17:15 AM »

:P
This discussion is mainly about Danny Gray (Airhawk) seats with the air cushion built (Inside of) the seat...........NOT sitting on top.

I noticed a prior post suggested he could not find info...........Here it should be.......http://www.dannygray.com/seats/airhawkseats.asp

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2015, 08:22:40 AM »

:nixweiss:
By the way,  I also have one now on my S.G. Special.  However I bought mine (used) from a guy that wanted a different seat on his new ride.

He did not send me any (how to) info with the seat.  I understand too much air is not the way to go,  just a little.........but frankly,  I can't seem to tell any difference after pushing on that "spot" several times and then pushing the button that lets air out..........Not sure it is adding air and/or letting air out at all.   It's comfortable,  but I'm still scratching my head as to if the damn thing is working or not.   Is there a recommended number of "pushes" to add air to  it. :confused5:   

jethro_3(deceased)

• TX

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2015, 06:08:55 PM »

In another Danny Gray Airhawk thread there is a Youtube video that shows the guy inflating his big seat bladder with 12 pumps.  Then he lets it out and you can hear the hiss of the air being released.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.