Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: SE Lifters aren't the answer, 120R failure  (Read 17698 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SE Lifters aren't the answer, 120R failure
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »

If one prefers one piece pushrods over adjustables, they can still vary the preload of the lifter plunger using select fit pushrods in the correct oversize length.  Takes more work than using adjustable rods, and not as infinitely adjustable, but for those who aren't fond of the tradeoffs with adjustable rods it is a way to run the plunger deeper in the hole.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

KEB

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2008 Ultra
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2015, 04:07:18 AM »

Indeed.  I think a lot of people still don't understand that the high capacity lifters introduced in the 2013 CVO110's do not have a Screamin' Eagle logo, thus the continued claims that late model 110's don't have the updated lifters.  The parts catalogs show the high capacity lifters for 2013 through present 110's.  The only way I know to tell for sure is to compare the bearings visually with a known standard lifter.  The internals of the new lifter still seem to be the cheap crap "C" version, so the odds of abnormal leakdown and slow to pump up issues remain even with the new lifter.  When in doubt, buy a lifter with a long standing reputation for quality like the S&S product.

Jerry

I've had lifters in an S&S create 96' evo motor fail. Then 1 DOA S&S lifter provided under the warranty claim. They finally admitted in an email that they were having quality issues with a new valve design and sent me Crane lifters instead. I bought Fueling lifters. Won't trust S&S lifters any more than the HD ones.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2015, 10:26:14 AM »

OhioDave and I helped a friend put a 120R in his 2011 Limited June 14..  Had a front cylinder SE lifter roller failure a few weeks ago at 8,000 miles (can't remember intake or exhaust).  He does not ride hard. Shouldn't have happened but it did.  Not making me feel warm and fuzzy about my 14 with SE lifters.  He put back in S&S premium lifters w/out limiters and stock 120R cams.

Geez Bob, sorry to hear about the issue with a friends engine. For a moment, when I read the thread title I thought, Bob did what to his bike  :'(

My bike has been through stock, Fueling and S&S lifters. The S&S lifters lasted the shortest amount of mileage, under 4000.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=84030.msg1126778#msg1126778

:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2015, 06:53:31 PM »

We recently tore into my cam chest at 15,000 miles and that made a total of 14,000 miles on my Andrews 57 cams and GMR lifters, I wish we took photos because the cams were so good you barely could even tell they were ran and the lifters were like new, smooth and rollers had no flaking and they took along time to bleed down when re-adjusting the PR's which is good. I know the guy's at J&B Performance recommend GMR's  or S&S premiums.
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.