Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Feuling Cam Chest  (Read 7258 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: Feuling Cam Chest
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 09:18:38 AM »

I think you are not going to be happy with the 574 if you like low end tq. I would suggest something else .. Myself not a huge fan of the high dollar fueling plate and pump. However his new OEM replacement pump does work very nice and is in line with the a stock pump cost wise if that matters.

If I am going to better parts I would choose the S&S pump and plate , or the DT kit both work very well and offer more for the dollar in my opinion
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Sprintkid

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »

I had lifter failure at 16,000 mi. I decided to upgrade from all stock while apart. I went with Fueling plate and pump, T man 625 cams, S and S lifters, Screamin Eagle pushrods, Fulsac head pipe and cores, race tuner and dyno. I am at 45,000 mile and going strong . I ride 2 up 95% of the time and just have a really nice cruising dependable motorcycle. I hope I just didn't jinx myself but am happy with all choices.

popsracing

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Road Glide SE
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 08:00:57 PM »

I think you are not going to be happy with the 574 if you like low end tq. I would suggest something else .. Myself not a huge fan of the high dollar fueling plate and pump. However his new OEM replacement pump does work very nice and is in line with the a stock pump cost wise if that matters.

If I am going to better parts I would choose the S&S pump and plate , or the DT kit both work very well and offer more for the dollar in my opinion

After further review I think I'll keep the stock plate and pump and just change lifters, push rods for now...I went to your GMR web site but not much there yet...I'd like some info and prices on your lifters and push rods.
2011 CVO FLHTRUSE
FULLSAC DX pipe W/2" baffles & TTS tuned
SoCal Tru-HID headlights
Easy Up center stand
Tour Pack Quick Detach Docking Kit Installed

IF YOUR GONNA BE A BEAR...BE A GRIZZLY

dnlpnd

• Full CVO Member
  • "Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."~J.W.
    • IA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 10:36:29 PM »

Gettin ready to pull the trigger on the cam chest rebuild in my 2011 CVO 110 SE...Thinking about just purchasing this kit from Direct Cycle Parts with the Reaper 574 cam or would I be better off going with a 525 or 543 for good dependable torque....Looking for input, anyone else have this set up??     POPS

http://www.directcycleparts.com/engine-camchest-kits-feuling-feuling-complete-camchest-kits-chain-drive-twin-p-5916.html

I am running the Feuling 574 with the stock cam plate and oil pump.  I've been happy with it in my current setup, which is mostly outlined in my signature.  I was surprised to hear others say the 574 comes on late.  The relatively low overlap of this cam tends to push the powerband down the RPM range.   I'd say Feuling's claim their 574 starts at 2100 RPM is pretty close.  That is one of the reasons I went with the 574's.

Also, consider the Zipper's dual piston cam chain tensioner, I am for my next build.

Let Me Know if You Want More Info,

dnlpnd
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:51:41 PM by dnlpnd »
SE Drop-On 117
SE Hi-Cap Oil Pan
SE Hi-Vol Oil Pump
SE Cam Plate
SE Adj Pushrods
SE Pro 58mm TB
SE 5.3 Injectors
SE Hvy Brthr Elite
Dynojet PV2
Dynojet TT-5X
Jackpot 2-1-2 SS
Jackpot Full X-over
Paul Yaffe Monsta 45s
GMR 600 Cams
S&S Prem Tappets
Ward's CNC Ported 110 Heads
AV&V Valve Springs
Cometic .027 HG
Red Shift Dual Piston Tensioner
Axtell Oil Bypass Valve
AIM Clutch Springs
10.8:1, 132ft-lb, 126hp SAE

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:15 PM »

The low overlap is as a result of an early exhaust opening. Not conducive to torque production unless the compression is squeezed hard
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.