Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Street Glide LED looks dim  (Read 1751 times)

abidzip

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
Street Glide LED looks dim
« on: March 09, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »

I got my 16 CVO Street Glide for a ride today and had a car wave me forward. He told me I had no headlight! I pulled over and notice it looked real dim compared to the daymaker I put on my 13 Street Glide. I went to harley dealer and pulled up to a 15 CVO Street Glide and ask them to put their headlights on and it was the same thing! Seems weird, my old bike was super bright, hell my buddy's Road King look brighter, I couldn't even notice the light with a car in front of me. Can I expect better results at night?

RedNose44

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO SG Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
Re: Street Glide LED looks dim
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »

I had a Daymaker on my last bike, and the one on my SG looks exactly the same. It is definitely not dim. With the added auxiliary lights (which I also had on my last bike), I get some good light at night.

jsfenster110

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:29:11 PM »

I added the LED day maker fog lights that mount low on the engine guard.  They really made the bike more visible.

They are great at night too.
Previous bikes: 2009 RK, 2010 Heritage, 2011 RKC, 2012 RGU,
2015 V-Rod, 2004 BMW K1200GT and 2016 SGCVO.

TENGEL78

• CVO1: 2016 SESG Black Licorice
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 08:45:41 AM »

Does it just need to be adjusted up farther?  I know mine was like that.  Seemed dim when looking at it, but if I leaned down farther it was very bright.  I adjusted the light up a couple of inches and it was much better.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »

Does it just need to be adjusted up farther?  I know mine was like that.  Seemed dim when looking at it, but if I leaned down farther it was very bright.  I adjusted the light up a couple of inches and it was much better.

EXACTLY!   Harley does a miserable job of aligning headlights, and obviously most dealerships don't bother checking and setting them during so-called "prep".  Have the headlight adjusted properly (no guesswork, follow the procedure in the manual), and I'll bet you will see a huge difference both in having other people see your headlight, and how well it illuminates the road for you.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 10:19:34 AM »

EXACTLY!   Harley does a miserable job of aligning headlights, and obviously most dealerships don't bother checking and setting them during so-called "prep".  Have the headlight adjusted properly (no guesswork, follow the procedure in the manual), and I'll bet you will see a huge difference both in having other people see your headlight, and how well it illuminates the road for you.

Jerry

What Jerry said....adjusting the headlight, for better or worse, is always on my list of "things to do when I bring the bike home for the first time".  I've had headlights so badly aligned from the factory/dealer, they were lighting the front fender.  You would'a thunk somebody would notice that besides the first owner.... :nixweiss:

Sounds like that may be your issue and hope adjustment is the cheap fix for ya.....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:28:10 AM by Haird »

abidzip

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 10:26:40 AM »

Great idea guys going with the headlight adjustment, thank you, I will give that a try. Does anybody have a link for the factory instructions on the adjustment? Don't have the old instructions laying around.

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 21 queries.