Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: zumo 550  (Read 4307 times)

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: zumo 550
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 11:56:27 AM »

Magicl1;
The Zumo bike mount has a rubber magnetic cover the flips under the mount and attaches magnetically.  When the unit is off the bike, you flip it back up and over the skid pad and it protects it from the elements.  The first mounts they came out with, had a defective material that snapped in half after a couple of months use.  Garmin has changed the formula and will replace the defective covers with a phone call.  They attach with 2 small screws, so the whole base doesn't need to be replaced.

Framemaker

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »

Magicl1;
The Zumo bike mount has a rubber magnetic cover the flips under the mount and attaches magnetically.  When the unit is off the bike, you flip it back up and over the skid pad and it protects it from the elements.  The first mounts they came out with, had a defective material that snapped in half after a couple of months use.  Garmin has changed the formula and will replace the defective covers with a phone call.  They attach with 2 small screws, so the whole base doesn't need to be replaced.

Framemaker
Hey Framemaker....thanks for that bit of info.  Do you know about when the 'change' to the better cover occurred?   :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2008, 10:21:53 PM »

Spyder,
Haven't had the "dreaded rot" w/mine and I got it long before you got yours. If you do notice anything Garmin has been replacing them no questions asked, and as was stated earlier they are easy to replace. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »

Spyder,
Haven't had the "dreaded rot" w/mine and I got it long before you got yours. If you do notice anything Garmin has been replacing them no questions asked, and as was stated earlier they are easy to replace. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
I know.....that's great to hear that the factory support is there w/ Garmin.  It's good to be 'loved'.  :-* har!   :drink:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 12:15:54 AM »

Hey Spyder:
I was one of the first to receive the 550,December 06, have actually had 2 replaced for various reasons. A friend of mine got his about 6 weeks after me, but his wore out sooner.  I believe mine was replaced in March of 07.  You don't have to send the old one back either.

Framemaker
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.