Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update your infotainment system software with out going to the dealer  (Read 1195 times)

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames

I was reading a post somewhere on here about dealers only giving a couple of updates N/C and then charging the customer for the Infotainment system updates.  You can do your own updates on the Harley Website:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/infotainment/software-downloads.html

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Update your infotainment system software with out going to the dealer
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 11:45:01 PM »

good to link to the website.  I think that the updates that you were referring to however, was the map updates.  and there isn't even a uniform consensus on that.  some say 5 updates, some say 2, some say 0.....
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Beak Boater

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Progressive Mono Tubes, Klockwerks 8.5; Heads By TMan, Rinehart True duals, TTS Mastertune By Doc's
    • CVO2: 2015 SESG Hard Candy, Crusher Tridents, Fulsac X, TTS Mastertune by Docs Performance
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »

Be careful what you wish for. Their is about and 11 page tread on the other web site about these latest upgrades. If you have no problems at least with audio, then be careful with these upgraded downloads. I have a 2015 CVO Street Glide....I liked the audio system, really didn't have any problems, but did the update. First thing that happened was the every time I turn the bike off the fader would adjust all the way to the back speakers. First time I thought it was something I did, the second and third time I was looking for it. I know its nothing I did. The bike never did that before. Also volume doesn't play as loud, checked AVC turned it up and down, just not as much volume. Thought it was my mind playing games with me. Several posts think that Harley did something to lower the gain in the systems to protect the speakers. Could all be internet speculation, or could be some truth to some of it. Don't know, just and FYI
Yesterday's History, Tomorrow's a Mystery, Live for Today.

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 11:07:03 AM »

Beak Boater

Have you tried doing a factory reset after you did the firmware update.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.