Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 COOLING IDEA ??  (Read 5423 times)

kaween

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 COOLING IDEA ??
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 07:13:02 PM »

Disagreement or questioning isn't negativity.  Without being negative about playing with any new idea it is still the case that ideas just won't pan out.  I can speak to this from first hand experience.

Something else to keep in mind is that we're talking about an air cooled engine.  A very old fashioned air cooled engine at that.  And an air cooled engine that is now pushed to close to its extremes in fuel/air mixture and displacement versus power output with those extremes being designed for an intended use that is primarily an American audience.  In other words at some point you have to quite fairly start to wonder if Manama (Bahrain rather than Panama I'm guessing) is simply an environment in which the stretch from late May through early September is just commonly outside the bike's design specifications?  So you ride at night?

I still think that if you want to add extra coolers you're better off doing it with open air oil coolers and their intended cooling fans rather than extra complicated pumped and plumbed systems that were never intended to be oil coolers to begin with.  Sometimes the enemy of perfectly good enough (or as good as its going to get) is the attempt to make it better or more complicated.  That's not negative toward you or a lack of interest in what you're describing.  Just a fair analysis of what the Design Brief for your project would likely suggest.

I respect all what you say .and I don't want to change the desing I jast want it to soute the wethers in my country and instead of spend mony I can take bmw 6 cylinder turing bike 2015 with les than 2km with lesthan half prise that someone ofreing to me .
and yes I ride in night only .and you well surprise if I say to you that my country dimention  is 65mile lenth only and less than that is the width .

any way I well try and during that I must learn something new .

thank you

kaween

kaween

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 07:14:54 PM »

its after midnight and its in door

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 07:23:42 PM »

its after midnight and its in door

Can't help/add to your inquiry but for those that aren't used to Celsius temps (or need help w/conversion) see below...

BTW... when it gets that hot here (Virginia/USA) with high humidity I don't want to (will not) ride my bike either. :sweatdrop:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

kaween

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2016, 07:33:11 PM »

Can't help/add to your inquiry but for those that aren't used to Celsius temps (or need help w/conversion) see below...

BTW... when it gets that hot here (Virginia/USA) with high humidity I don't want to (will not) ride my bike either. :sweatdrop:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

im agreed with you . but we got use to the climet  but not with extra heat that blow your legs . and from jun to oct its stay 37c night and 46c in day time and in Kuwait its reach 50c some time

kaween
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 25 queries.