Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Center Stand for 2016 CVO Limited.  (Read 3811 times)

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited
Center Stand for 2016 CVO Limited.
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »

Looking for a center stand that will work with the new 16 CVO Limited. Harley model does not fit. Any recommendations from those that have been down this road before?

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
Re: Center Stand for 2016 CVO Limited.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:16:52 AM »

Check out http://www.wheeldock.com/store/item/ez-up . I put one on my Ultra. Its a nice center stand but it does take away some of your lean angle.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 10:39:29 AM »

Looking for someone riding a CVO Limited 2016 who has mounted the Wheel Dock EZ Up center stand on their bike with 444 Progressive shocks. The shocks are 13" center mounting hole to center mounting hole. I am told this is the stock height however Wheel Dock believes i may be between sizes and we are unsure which model center stand would work with this application. They said i may not be able to utilize the center stand as a ride off stand as the rear wheel would not contact the ground.
I'm betting someone has this set up and i don't have to re-invent the wheel on this.
Thanks for any help I get.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:20:22 PM »

Looking for someone riding a CVO Limited 2016 who has mounted the Wheel Dock EZ Up center stand on their bike with 444 Progressive shocks. The shocks are 13" center mounting hole to center mounting hole. I am told this is the stock height however Wheel Dock believes i may be between sizes and we are unsure which model center stand would work with this application. They said i may not be able to utilize the center stand as a ride off stand as the rear wheel would not contact the ground.
I'm betting someone has this set up and i don't have to re-invent the wheel on this.
Thanks for any help I get.

Is that number correct, or did you mean to type 944?  If they are actually the model 444, then they should be the same ride height as the stock shocks.  If they are the 944, those are also 13" eye to eye but they are made to have the preload adjusted to ride 1" lower.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:09:43 PM »

Rivco center stand is what I have now and works well with the crossover pipe and has the least amount of height loss beneath the bike.   

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »

Is that number correct, or did you mean to type 944?  If they are actually the model 444, then they should be the same ride height as the stock shocks.  If they are the 944, those are also 13" eye to eye but they are made to have the preload adjusted to ride 1" lower.

Jerry

Yes 444 HD

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 03:50:51 PM »

Rivco center stand is what I have now and works well with the crossover pipe and has the least amount of height loss beneath the bike.   

Rivco says you loose the ride off ability because the CVO limited is lowered? Did you find that to be correct?

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 07:24:07 AM »

The limited ground clearance spec. as per the Harley web site is +/- .5" higher than my 16 FLTRUSE (not sure about the difference), but the feet on the RIVCO are adjustable. I personally have mine adjusted to raise the rear wheel off the ground when up on the stand. The only thing that i did not like is part of the 'arm' that you step on protruded out too far for me and I would hit it with the back of my leg when sitting on the bike and walking it, I rectified it by modifying the arm so that the part that is stepped on is removable (removed when riding, and screwed back in when I want to put the bike up on the stand).   

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 08:11:06 AM »

Rivco says you loose the ride off ability because the CVO limited is lowered? Did you find that to be correct?

The Limited is standard height, the Street Glide is lowered one inch in the rear.  RIVCO's website never has been the greatest, but the quality of their center stands has been top notch.  The one I have is the first adjustable model they produced and it's nine years old, the chrome looks just as good as the day I installed it.  If you are interested in their product, I'd suggest calling them versus trying to figure it out from the web site.  If the personnel are the same, I found them to be knowledgeable and helpful when I dealt with them.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 08:02:35 AM »

Thanks for all the responses on this. I have spoken to both manufactures. Rivco and Wheeldock. Rivco was not a lot of help telling me basically on my bike I will loose the ride off capability even though their model is adjustable . Wheeldock more helpful telling me to measure the shock length after installation on the bike and then check back . However he also thought I would loose the ride off feature as their unit is set up for a stock Limited , with stock suspension. I am going to a Progressive shock even though Progressive says it is the same length as stock shocks.

Perhaps i will give it more time to see if HD comes out with something for these bikes as I am told it is the use of the Air Flow adjustable passenger boards that is interfering with the current center stand HD makes. I know folks are using center stands as I see them all the time. Interesting enough ,my local HD dealer claims they have not added a center stand to a CVO limited in years which i found odd. And yes i know most folks are installing them at home.
Again I appreciate the input.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.