Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Ruby Red anything match?  (Read 1197 times)

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

2012 Ruby Red anything match?
« on: May 11, 2016, 08:40:52 AM »

Wondering if anyone has matched this color with a spray bomb?Just need to paint a license plate frame.We all know how the MC is with these cvo colors.Maybe parts auto stores? Probably gonna take  a couple purchases to get close.I will check my 2002 Luxury Rich red touch up left over.Thanks for your time  ;D

ultrarider123

Re: 2012 Ruby Red anything match?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:07:45 AM »

Hey Dale, not telling tales out of school but if it were mine (and I did had a Ruby), I would consider a professional job on my $35,000 plus scooter and go to Joe at Xtreme Dimension and get it right the first time.  There are less expensive ways to do anything but money well spent is much better than money wasted.

Whatever route you take, good luck and please post pictures when your project has been completed.

Link to Joe (vendor on this site):
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=22985

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »

Most body shops that are up to speed can use a program with photo match. Than the computer, along with the bike information, was able come very close,  also when I color match'd the inner fairing the dealer gave me the paint codes, when I took that info to the body shop they said the code was the same.
Hope this helps.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:24:31 AM »

Hey Dale, not telling tales out of school but if it were mine (and I did had a Ruby), I would consider a professional job on my $35,000 plus scooter and go to Joe at Xtreme Dimension and get it right the first time.  There are less expensive ways to do anything but money well spent is much better than money wasted.

Whatever route you take, good luck and please post pictures when your project has been completed.

Link to Joe (vendor on this site):
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=22985

Appreciate the quick comeback.I'll shot them a pm and get a estimate.It being a plate frame not say a tank etc. i could poke around a little.Actually checked my LRRed touch-up on paper (don't have frame yet)Not bad.And i believe a bomb is still available not being a cvo color.Thank again...Ride careful

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.