Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT availability.  (Read 1095 times)

BASTOS

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
SERT availability.
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:33:54 PM »

In my travels, I stopped into the local HD dealership in Lubbock TX. And was informed that Harley's SERT was no longer available for road use.  I had a SERT on my 2011 Limited, and it ran fine. No problem getting work done while on the road. The person told me that as of this year, 2016, the SERT was no longer available for road use.

Any info on this development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016 FLHTKSE
2011 FLHTK
2006 V-Max
1986 FJ1200
1986 FJ1200
1986 1000R Ninja
1983 Maxim
1974 400F SS

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
Re: SERT availability.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »

That's technically always been the case. You should be able to find a dealer to get you one. Otherwise, try Amazon or Ronnie's/Surdyke online parts.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 10:12:01 PM »

In my travels, I stopped into the local HD dealership in Lubbock TX. And was informed that Harley's SERT was no longer available for road use. I had a SERT on my 2011 Limited, and it ran fine. No problem getting work done while on the road. The person told me that as of this year, 2016, the SERT was no longer available for road use.

Any info on this development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has always been the case, at least if you read the description (wink wink) Harley included in the catalog that stated it was for race use only.  I can assure you that the vast majority of the various versions of the SERT and SEPST sold over the years were not used on racing bikes for offroad use only.  I can also assure you Harley was and is fully aware that most of those units have in fact been used on regular street operated bikes.  I have no idea why that dealership you visited told you what they did, maybe you accidently ran into the one dealership in the entire country that doesn't promote and sell the SEPST to anyone who walks in the door, no questions asked.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 10:16:32 PM »

that also depends on how 'literal' the tech was being.  the 'sert' is actually a product developed by steve cole, is no longer contracted to hd, and he sells it under the tts name.  Harley now has the screamin eagle pro super tuner (sepst) which is the 'off road use, non epa certified' tuner, and the screamin eagle street performance tuner (sespt), which is epa certified for street use.

so you may have been saying sert referring to the new race tuner, and he was talking sert, referring to the 'old' tuner......
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 21 queries.