Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 CVO SG Clutch Problem.....  (Read 2138 times)

Jamesw2066

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

2016 CVO SG Clutch Problem.....
« on: May 15, 2016, 07:46:22 PM »

Hi,

This is my first post here and unfortunately it relates to an issue with my 2016 CVO SG.

650 miles on the bike and I seem to be having the same clutch problems that the 2014, 2015 bikes had,
basically it wont disengage.

Its pretty sad that my 98 FBoy has never ever had an issue! not one and the SG has been in the shop already for a
hand grip issue and now this. Has anyone else experienced the the clutch problem on their 2016 bike?

Thanks.

Smellymo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE White Amethyst/Black Licorice Flames
Re: 2016 CVO SG Clutch Problem.....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 10:17:12 PM »

Not one issue with a 98 FLSTF and you are upset with your 2016 FLHXSE?  :nixweiss:
Maybe it's just the first post bitch thing but really?  :soapbox:

What, pray tell was the hand grip issue?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:18:51 PM by Smellymo »
Screw it, let's ride.

Jamesw2066

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »

gee thanks for the courteous and friendly reply...WTF.
If you most know about the grip, it was installed improperly and vibrated so much it could not be ridden. The dealer took care of it, point is that its disappointing to have had an issue with anything. Oh and i didn't the mention the oil leak from the exahust bracket bolt..... and yea the 98 doesn't leak!

Do you have any useful information about the clutch issues?

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 12:04:17 AM »

Welcome and congrates on the new bike.  Sometimes we buy a new bike and it has some problems, I know from personal exp. As you and the dealer get this figured out try to be calm with them, remember they sold the bike, they didn't build it. I had to remind myself this many times.
Hopefully it is just a bad seal in the master cylinder. And they get it fixed right away.
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

Jamesw2066

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 05:59:55 AM »

Thanks, I know its likely something simple, curious if any others others have had this issue or if it was wide spread. Seems exactly like the recall problem. Was hoping for an easy at home fix to avoid hauling it over to the dealer. I do have the roadside assistance plan so maybe they'll come and get it.

I sell products to customers in the high end AV market and the amount of problems with new equipment is very common, i guess its just a sign of the times.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 10:31:31 AM »

gee thanks for the courteous and friendly reply...WTF.
If you most know about the grip, it was installed improperly and vibrated so much it could not be ridden. The dealer took care of it, point is that its disappointing to have had an issue with anything. Oh and i didn't the mention the oil leak from the exahust bracket bolt..... and yea the 98 doesn't leak!

Do you have any useful information about the clutch issues?

Don't take his remarks personal. He has all of 15 posts on here himself and the majority of those are him trying to start chit with someone else. You can click on his username to bring up his profile then go to the column on left and View his posts and see for yourself. Welcome to the site and good luck with your clutch. The vast majority of people on here are courteous and very willing to help.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:00:16 AM by bigchuck »
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 12:44:04 PM »

Welcome and congrates on the new bike.  Sometimes we buy a new bike and it has some problems, I know from personal exp. As you and the dealer get this figured out try to be calm with them, remember they sold the bike, they didn't build it. I had to remind myself this many times.
Hopefully it is just a bad seal in the master cylinder. And they get it fixed right away.

Not hardly. The problem is a lot deeper then just a bad seal. The design of the master cylinder is also part of the problem. Harley is being sued over deaths as a result of the clutch not fully releasing. Part of the problem is the design of the master cylinder and the location of the weep hole. When you first start the bike and they idle up, a lot of people pull in the clutch and drop the bike in gear. After the bike sits any air ( that shouldn't be in the system) has bled to the top of the line and gets trapped and the clutch will never fully release. The bike then lunges forward.    It is also a good idea to keep your master cylinder as full as possible. Turn your wheel to the right and remove the cover and get as much fluid in there as possible. I will not mention where but a good friend of mine that is a Master Tech told me at the dealership where he works one of the salesmen jumped on a Dresser, started the bike and dropped it gear and it lunged forward into another NEW bike. The newer bikes have an updated master cylinder where the weep hole has been moved forward some but it is still not enough. It is time for Harley to step up to the plate and make the system right. Kinda funny that they have been using the hydraulic master cylinder since 2003 and the earlier models NEVER had a problem. So something has changed.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.