Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Supertrapp Supermeg question  (Read 1862 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Supertrapp Supermeg question
« on: June 05, 2016, 11:12:42 AM »

I'm looking for a new exhaust system for my SEEG and after some research I think the 2 into 1 Supermeg fits my needs.  I don't want the noise found with most 2 into 1 pipes commonly available, and that doesn't seem to be a problem with the Supermeg.  However, I've had a hard time finding any locally to look at and photo's don't show me what I want to know.  If anyone is running this exhaust on a 2006 or earlier (5 speed) batwing bike, do you have sufficient clearance to check/fill the trans fluid?  Is there sufficient clearance to the hydraulic clutch line to prevent overheating the fluid, or will shielding of the line be necessary.  Just getting my ducks in a row, so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any help or any other feedback concerning this system.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Supertrapp Supermeg question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:28:09 AM »

I installed that pipe on a 04 with stock hyd clutch.  I don't recall any problems with hyd clutch or filling trans.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 11:36:17 AM »

I installed that pipe on a 04 with stock hyd clutch.  I don't recall any problems with hyd clutch or filling trans.

Thanks, I appreciate the response.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 07:03:32 AM »

I had one on my 2004 Roadglide with hydraulic clutch no problems with line clearance, no problem checking trans fluid either, install was a breeze. I really like ST 2x1's. Have ran them on my FXR, and several baggers over the years.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

chicoman

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 07:56:29 AM »

Works great on my 2007 se ultra.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 08:29:56 AM »

Thanks guys.  Based on your responses I went ahead and ordered the system.  Now I just have to get used to the idea of not seeing a muffler on the left side.  ;D

Jerry

georgw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 02:56:48 PM »

Thanks guys.  Based on your responses I went ahead and ordered the system.  Now I just have to get used to the idea of not seeing a muffler on the left side.  ;D

Jerry

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?ItemID=769-71574

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sections/detail.asp?ItemID=769-71574

Thanks George.  I thought about the fake left muffler for a minute or two, but decided it wasn't worth what they're asking for a nonfunctional part.  I'm sure I'll get used to the naked left side look; after all the previous Harley I owned had both pipes on the right side and it didn't bother me.

Jerry

chicoman

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 03:04:29 PM »

Jerry
Now would be the time to relocate your oil filter to the moore sensible setup. He also has an oil cooler that mounts under the left saddlebag for 2 in 1 exhausts. I have both on my 2007 se ultra and oil changes are easy and clean, plus the oil cooler also works when sitting still, kind of like a heatsink. mooresensible.com dan is his name, nice guy, tell him john from marengo says hi.

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 25 queries.