Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spoiler Kit Hardness Location  (Read 1278 times)

bjspearman04

• Full CVO Member
Spoiler Kit Hardness Location
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:36:27 PM »

Question - Can anyone confirm that the spoiler kit on a 2015 SESG requires the three pin connector from the tour pak to be spliced in vs. using an existing connection located somewhere beneath the seat?   I have searched underneath the seat and cannot find where the connection should be made.

Any help is most appreciated.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Spoiler Kit Hardness Location
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 11:02:35 PM »

Did you get the detailed instruction sheet with the kit?  If not, you can find the listing for the kit in the online accessory catalog, go to the "More Info" tab, and you will find a link to a pdf of the instructions you can download.  As far as I know those kits come with a molex connector that you insert the three wires for the light into after you route the wires through the lid and bottom of the TP.  The bike has a black six pin connector for the rear lights under the seat, and that is where the actual connection is made, using a small jumper harness that should be in the kit (see attached drawing).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bjspearman04

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 12:00:26 PM »

Thanks for the information, Jerry.  As always, I appreciate your insight and experience with these matters.

Can you shoot me your number so I can give you a ring?   I have good credentials...30 year Naval Officer, 5 years with Homeland Security and counting....I trying to build this connector today and having no luck.

Thanks,
Byron

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:28:03 PM »

They have separate instructions for Street Glide models versus bikes that came with a Tour-Pak standard.  And you will need to buy an extra extension harness, which you don't find out until you dig into the instructions.

--------------------------------------------
a.Unplug the six-way vehicle harness connector [C7] under the seat: FLHX, FLHXS, FLHXSE, FLTRX, FLTRXS models: Next to the Electronic Control Module (ECM). FLHR, FLHRSE models: Top front of rear fender.

b.Plug the six-way spoiler harness connectors into connector halves [C7A] and [C7B].

c.Insert the extension harness (Part No. 69201157, purchased separately) into the spoiler auxiliary lighting wire harness (11).

d.Route the extension harness along the left frame tube. Plug the spoiler connector into the extension harness.

8.Secure wiring with cable straps (12) as needed.
---------------------------------------------

If you don't have that extension harness, I can see why you're having problems.  The new way Harley does instruction sheets sucks, IMHO.  They need clearer instructions and better illustrations.  I don't know how I could talk you through this, since I don't have a similar bike I can look at.  Just start out by finding that 6 way black connector near the ECM, that is the connector for the rear lighting.  You will need that extension harness and the little Y harness that comes in the kit, item #11 in the diagram I posted previously.  Once you have all those in hand it should become much more obvious.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

bjspearman04

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 08:49:26 AM »

Jerry,

Thanks again for your support.  Taking your time to point me in the right direction.  Was able to locate the six-pin connector under the seat, but had to order the Wire harness (69200573).  I purchased the tour-pak (sight-unseen) and it did not come with the Y-connector.  Should be able to complete the installation this weeks once the part is in hand.

Make it a great week.

Cheers,
Byron

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.