Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone ever use Haul Bikes Transport?  (Read 4092 times)

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide (Hard Candy Mercury)
Anyone ever use Haul Bikes Transport?
« on: August 01, 2016, 10:32:46 PM »

So I'm patiently awaiting the arrival (2 weeks from today) of my CVO SG.

Cowboy Harley in San Antonio Texas recommended www.haulbikes.com as they are the transporter that HD contracts to bring in all the Tri-Glides to the dealerships, so I thought that was a good endorsement.  Their pricing was very reasonable as well.  They sent me a very detailed electronic contract which was exactly as discussed and quoted 3 weeks from last Monday to go from Corpus Christi to Long Island. 

My biggest and primary concern is that they handle the bike with extreme care.  It only has 400 miles on it.   ::)
Has anyone ever used or heard of them?
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo
and 20 others I can't remember....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Anyone ever use Haul Bikes Transport?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 10:42:20 PM »

You're relatively new here (welcome to the board) and so I'll tell you this question has been asked a number of times over the years.  I think it's safe to say the majority here has used Keyboard Motorcycle Transport. ....   http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/

Keyboard uses proprietary steel pallets specifically designed for motorcycles and they only haul two things (not in the same trucks)....pianos and motorcycles.....both very fragile!  :2vrolijk_21:

Do a search.....you'll find the other threads on the subject.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 11:38:19 PM »

I had a customer use Haul Bikes to pick up his bike and they did an excellent job. This was 2 years ago, so I cannot speak for the last 2 years.
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 11:38:49 PM »

You're relatively new here (welcome to the board) and so I'll tell you this question has been asked a number of times over the years.  I think it's safe to say the majority here has used Keyboard Motorcycle Transport. ....   http://www.keyboardmotorcycleshipping.com/

Keyboard uses proprietary steel pallets specifically designed for motorcycles and they only haul two things (not in the same trucks)....pianos and motorcycles.....both very fragile!  :2vrolijk_21:

Do a search.....you'll find the other threads on the subject.

Thank you JCZ.
Wish I had thought of researching through your forum, I would have tried Keyboard.  Haulbikes had some reviews here as well.  Some good, some bad, but so did Keyboard.  At the end of the day, you are the mercy of the individual handling your machine I guess.  So far, everything has gone well.  Hope it remains that way. 
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 01:30:42 PM »

Used them to ship from Denver to DC area last summer. Took less than two weeks from the dealer where we left them in Denver to our front door. Took excellent care of the bikes. We left instructions for the driver to call us when he was 1/2 hour from our house so we could be there, and he complied. No complaints.

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »

If it was me I would just ride it home if I had the time. Looks like 1,800 miles. It's a two day ride.

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 12:46:00 AM »

I know this post is from Aug. but here are my .02 cents to help the next guy.   I have used Haul Bikes 3 times (Washington state to Florida) in the last 3 years, even shipped my bike and trailer once.  Absolutely no complaints, very professional and reasonable rates. On one occasion the transport took a week and a half to get to Fl. On another, It was spur of the moment.  I called and within 3 days, bike was on its way.  There was a truck coming thru,  and it was perfect timing for all.  Hint, during the winter they do sales and you can book and pay for your transport then,  save you some cash. I knew I wanted to ship in the summer, so I booked it in the winter and when summer came they called and set up shipping date.  did research to use Keyboard,  but they were not coming to WA. Let's Roll
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:11:11 AM by LETS_ROLL »
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 01:01:15 AM »

Here's the 3 different loads. On one of the times a friend shipped his bike also,  to a different location in Florida.  Again no issues.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:06:17 AM by LETS_ROLL »
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 05:49:58 PM »

I just posted this up-      http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109725.0    ;all then i saw this. How ironic that the dealer up in OR where I bought my bike recommended them and I contracted with them this morning. Dealer said they use them often and have never had an issue. Hopefully I will be saying g the same thing soon!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:11:12 PM by JCZ »
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 06:11:48 PM »

Alan, I edited your post so that your link works.  :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dm930

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 10:14:17 AM »

When I used them back in July, they were very professional, however, they took about 1 month past the target delivery date.  Total cost from Texas to NY was $450 (Summer Special), but I had to meet them off of Long Island or it would add another $300.  I was fine with that as it's only a 40 minute drive and had them meet me at a Harley Dealer over the bridge.  They did contact me and gave me $100 off my original price for the delay.  So total cost was $350.  Can't complain about the final cost.  Bike came off the transporter near perfect, although as the driver threw his leg over the bike, he bumped the rear speaker and put a dent in it.  Wasn't happy, but when I got it home, I removed the speaker grill and worked the dent out with my hands slowly.  It's now perfect again... 
Overall I give Haulbikes a B to B+...  They are nice people and Sh*t happens I guess.  I'm pretty anal, so perhaps others may give them an A and some might give them a C+.

I would not be afraid to use them again.
2015 CVO SG
2013 Fatboy Lo

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 10:29:50 PM »

I just posted this up-      http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109725.0    ;all then i saw this. How ironic that the dealer up in OR where I bought my bike recommended them and I contracted with them this morning. Dealer said they use them often and have never had an issue. Hopefully I will be saying g the same thing soon!
Received the bike today 1 day before they promised and in perfect condition. Their communication was great emailing me each step of he way as well as always answering the phone when i called (which was often..) and telling me exactly where the truck was and where they were going before and after my delivery so I could plan.
I would definitely use them again and am very pleased. Price was great also with their $450 from anywhere to anywhere deal they are running.
Alan

123cvo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 11:25:40 AM »

Haul Bikes does a decent job. Contracted them twice to transport my elec. glide to Arizona from Michigan. Both times the drivers were riders so they have respect for your bike. Takes a few weeks but they will update you often of the progress.

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:04 PM »

They did an awesome job for me.  2 weeks door to door.  From Fredricksburg, VA to Memphis for $450.
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 25 queries.