Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help connect Phone mount charger's wire to led license plate's wire  (Read 1092 times)

manllyy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

Can i connect them together?
In the picture which one is (+) which one is (-)
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

I wouldn't connect your phones charger to an LED system. Reason being is that your ECM monitors the current on that LED circuit and connecting a charger will potentially confuse it :nixweiss: and the world is confused enough so why add to the anxiety.

Jim@hdbomm.com
Ride It Like You Are Retired

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328

I have these USB chargers 2 on my Ultra(handle bars and rear crash bar) & 1 on my Vrod(handlebars) for GoPro's, SPOT Tracker, Cell phone charging. I ran the cable to where I can hook up to the Battery tender plug, but you can wire them to the battery directly also.
https://3brpowersports.com/index.php
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE

Personally I would not connect anything where your finger is. I think cutting the harness is a bad idea for anything. If you want to hook this up go directly to power source (fuse box, battery or somewhere switched) but not in taillamp circuit which requires splicing.
IMHO

manllyy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

Thank you guy for all help , I did connect directly to battery

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

What product are you using to mount and charge your phone?  Did it come with any instructions?

If the hot wire (that would be the red wire) or the charger itself doesn't have a fuse, you need to add an inline fuse holder and fuse.  Don't forget when you wire directly to the battery your accessory will always be "ON", so you don't want to leave anything connected to the charger for long periods while the bike isn't running.  Even a low current draw charger can drain the battery enough over time to keep you from starting.  The batteries in Softails aren't known for having a large reserve capacity.  For that reason I always recommend powering this kind of accessory from a switched source (only powered when the ignition is on).

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

manllyy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

What product are you using to mount and charge your phone?  Did it come with any instructions?

If the hot wire (that would be the red wire) or the charger itself doesn't have a fuse, you need to add an inline fuse holder and fuse.  Don't forget when you wire directly to the battery your accessory will always be "ON", so you don't want to leave anything connected to the charger for long periods while the bike isn't running.  Even a low current draw charger can drain the battery enough over time to keep you from starting.  The batteries in Softails aren't known for having a large reserve capacity.  For that reason I always recommend powering this kind of accessory from a switched source (only powered when the ignition is on).

JMHO - Jerry
Hi jerry
Thanks for give me a idea , I though like that ,
I want the charger on when ignition turn on, but I don't know where  I connect the wire to

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.