Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone tried the Rinehart 2-1 on their Fatboy?  (Read 1889 times)

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
Anyone tried the Rinehart 2-1 on their Fatboy?
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:52:06 AM »

Any of you tried this pipe yet?  I personally like the look of this pipe out of all the 2-1's for softails but I did not find any info. regarding whether they are a tunable exhaust... I am thinking about dumping my big radius for these in hopes of geting back some torque back in the 2-3000 range.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
Re: Anyone tried the Rinehart 2-1 on their Fatboy?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 01:29:04 PM »

I attached my Dyno sheet- Big Radius Exhaust... I dont know how much more torque we could get with just an exhaust change....

duck_fan_doug

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:16:15 PM »

I have a set sitting in my Garage, waiting to be installed.  

I couldn't get a dyno appt at the dealer until the middle of June, so I'm not sure when they will be installed.  I was thinking about a Thundermax at the same time, but Zippers has no map availiable for the pipes, and Tony recommended going with the SERT instead.  I was also going to do a Zippers A/C, Manifold and Throttle Body at the same time, but am not sure now.  I've been waiting for a week and a half to hear back from Zippers on pricing and needed parts but after 2 phone calls and an E-mail, I am still waiting.  

There is another Tuner I may go check out, he wants to use J.E.T intake manifolds, he's really high on them.  He could get the work done quicker, but I'm a bit concerned about going outside the dealer, in case there is a warranty issue.

Decisions, decisions....
FLSTFSE2
Awaiting Dyno Date for Install: Rinehart 2-1, Zippers A/C, Zippers 50MM Throttlebody, Zippers Intake Manifold and SERT

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »

Tunedse2,

I am not getting the same numbers you are with the big radius, but then again my dyno runs are corrected not uncorrected like yours.  I hit 92 lb. ft. torque at 4400 rpm and 92 hp at 5500, all stock except pipes, p-commander and thunder city monster baffles.  I just installed the Zippers 575 cams and got it dynoed Fri.  It put out 102 lb. ft. torque at 4200 rpm and 97 hp at 5500.  While I got significant gains with the cam upgrade, it did not increase my low end torque (2000-3000 range) very much.  My bike stays in the mid 80's for torque until 3500 and them climbs, hence why I am switching to a 2-1.  I have seen enough dyno runs and talked to my dyno run mechanic enough to know that the 2-2's are just not able to create enough resonance wave to get that good low end snap I want.  Mine should be here Thu. and I'm heading for the dyno for a tune shortly thereafter.

mbegalla

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 06:15:32 PM »

Big City Thunder Baffle did wonders for my 2:2 Rineharts, brought the bottom end back like the stock pipe, and man they sound great in a Rinehart
MBEGALLA
Rinehart True Duals with thunder Monster Baffles
Zippers Redshift 575 cam(gear driven)Feuling, all the way
Doherty Power Pak with powervents
Dyno @ 108 HP & 115 TQ ....FUN!! custom MAP on Dyno

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »

Big City Thunder Baffle did wonders for my 2:2 Rineharts, brought the bottom end back like the stock pipe, and man they sound great in a Rinehart
Mbegalla, are you saying you used the Big City  Thunder Baffles in your 2:2 Rineharts? And was that on a 103 FatBoy? And were they staggerds or  straights?

Ok now what kind of change in sound and decible leval did you experience with the Big City Thunder Baffles?

mbegalla

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:52 AM »

no, I used them on my 2006 FHLTCUSE , IT LOWERED, OR DEEPENED THE SOUND A BIT, NOT MUCH, BUT A LITTLE, I THINK IT SOUNDS BETTER, AND MY BOTTOM END POWER CAME BACK, THESE WHERE THE NEWER STYLE 2/2 RINEHARTS THAT I USED
MBEGALLA
Rinehart True Duals with thunder Monster Baffles
Zippers Redshift 575 cam(gear driven)Feuling, all the way
Doherty Power Pak with powervents
Dyno @ 108 HP & 115 TQ ....FUN!! custom MAP on Dyno

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 11:11:24 PM »

I didn't have a CVO but on my Fatboy I ran the D&D 2 into 1 and they were just right
Great looks and the noise level didn't over power you on long trips
The stage 1 was all I had and the low end torq was something I really appreciated with the 2 into 1's
paul
Ride safe

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.