Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Neck Pain  (Read 1641 times)

TMElectric

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide - Cherry Red
Neck Pain
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »

I get a neck pain when I ride my 05 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide. I know to change the handle bars to get them closer to me. My question is can you move them back on the S.E. without changing cables? If so, what bars can you do this with?

Also, my clutch seems hard to engage. Actually, it is the same as on my road king classic. I thought with the hydraulic clutch, it would be easier. Is this what I get for assuming?

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: Neck Pain
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:26:52 AM »

I get a neck pain when I ride my 05 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide. I know to change the handle bars to get them closer to me. My question is can you move them back on the S.E. without changing cables? If so, what bars can you do this with?

Also, my clutch seems hard to engage. Actually, it is the same as on my road king classic. I thought with the hydraulic clutch, it would be easier. Is this what I get for assuming?

All depends on how far back you move them....Most times if you only bring them back 2" chances are 50/50  that you won't need new cables.
But if you need new cables and have the dealer do it......looking at a little bit of coin.

So make sure you get what you want.

I moved my 06 SEUC bars back  w/ Harleys 2" PULLBACKS I needed cables.
I moved my 09 SEUC bars back w/ Harleys 2" PULLBACKS No cables required.

:nixweiss:
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »

Don't forget that the SE bike has a stiffer clutch spring than the regular bikes.  If you had the same spring in the RK with the cable clutch you would definitely feel a higher effort.  

As for the bars, it seems to me that many folks on the site with SEEG's went with the Wild One Chubby 575 bars, which gave an additional 2" pullback and 2" rise if I remember correctly.  Some of those threads should still be in the archives, perhaps a search will pull them up.  I'm almost certain some folks mentioned being able to use the stock lines and cables, and that is what Wild One claims as well.

Shoot a PM to Twolanerider, I believe he is one of those who went with the Chubbies.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 10:46:11 PM »

One of the things that Terrie was doing, without realizing it.....leaning forward with her elbows locked (pushing her shoulder blades together, pinching a nerve).  Even after I pointed it out to her, she said that she wasn't doing that.  Still, she just wasn't aware that she was.  Just make sure that your elbows are always bent at least a little and hanging relaxed.  That allows your sholder blades to relax and seperate naturally.

Try it, it might help you. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:59:18 PM »

One of the things that Terrie was doing, without realizing it.....leaning forward with her elbows locked (pushing her shoulder blades together, pinching a nerve).   Even after I pointed it out to her, she said that she wasn't doing that.  Still, she just wasn't aware that she was.  Just make sure that your elbows are always bent at least a little and hanging relaxed.  That allows your sholder blades to relax and seperate naturally.

Try it, it might help you. :nixweiss:

So true Suzanne has the same problem and didn't realize it until she started riding the RG and I have the Wild 517's there the 8" and it brings you back 1-2" it has helped alot and I lost a bike :huepfenlol2:

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 07:56:28 AM »

So true Suzanne has the same problem and didn't realize it until she started riding the RG and I have the Wild 517's there the 8" and it brings you back 1-2" it has helped alot and I lost a bike :huepfenlol2:

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: I'm thinkin' you lost a bike too!! She looked great riding "her" new serg!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.