Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Broken Shifter Pedal Shaft  (Read 3542 times)

hogasm

Re: Broken Shifter Pedal Shaft
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

I've replaced the shaft twice. Once for the shaft breaking in half and once for the splines shearing off.

Along with 7 pair of pedals and 5 done individually. All covered by warranty :2vrolijk_21:  but still a pain in the ass

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »

I've replaced the shaft twice. Once for the shaft breaking in half and once for the splines shearing off.

Along with 7 pair of pedals and 5 done individually. All covered by warranty :2vrolijk_21:  but still a pain in the ass

Wow,
       One of the reasons I don't remove the rear shifter from my baggers is so I'll have a spare peg or bolt if I drop one, but I've never heard of anything like your post above.

B B

Tros

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2007, 09:01:25 PM »

Shift linkage ain't rocket science.  Some bean counter has his fingers in the pie. 

hogasm

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »

Wow,
       One of the reasons I don't remove the rear shifter from my baggers is so I'll have a spare peg or bolt if I drop one, but I've never heard of anything like your post above.

B B

Big B my uncle was in town this weekend and we were telling riding stories to his buddy. On our trip to Sturgis in 04 I lost 4 shifter levers between Charlestown WV and St Louis. Made for a long long 2 days.

Just had both levers and the shaft replaced a month ago. People make fun of the zip ties that connect each lever together and then to the shifter arm. At least now when they fall off they stay with the bike. Guess I need chrome zip ties to blend in a little.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »

Big B my uncle was in town this weekend and we were telling riding stories to his buddy. On our trip to Sturgis in 04 I lost 4 shifter levers between Charlestown WV and St Louis. Made for a long long 2 days.

Just had both levers and the shaft replaced a month ago. People make fun of the zip ties that connect each lever together and then to the shifter arm. At least now when they fall off they stay with the bike. Guess I need chrome zip ties to blend in a little.

Brian,
        I cannot even imagine how high my blood pressure would go if the above happened to me. I think you should buy some LockTite Green

Tros

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »

Brian,
        I cannot even imagine how high my blood pressure would go if the above happened to me. I think you should buy some LockTite Green

:2vrolijk_21:

hogasm

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »

Brian,

On on leg of our trip I lost both shifter levers. We stopped on the Intestate 64 between Lexington and St Louis and found one. It still had the bolt in the lever. That is when I started to use zip ties to hold them with the bike when they fall off.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 19 queries.