Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Q. Compensater eliminator  (Read 1428 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Q. Compensater eliminator
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:20:19 AM »

I was wondering what the deal is with these compensator eliminators?
Are they good, not so good?
What's the advantage or disadvantage of having one installed?
Why would they not be installed in the first place?

ultrarider123

Re: Q. Compensater eliminator
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »

Howdy Pete.  Looks like this was discussed a few years ago and has some interesting information on this topic.
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=95252.0

I did go to their website but there is no feedback there on this product.  HD forums has some info as well as Road Glide forum but some of that information is similar responses to what is discussed in the link above.

Gut feeling is if the company doesn't have a review of their product, it's not a good start.  Also, it would put lots of undue stress on the drivetrain and as Jerry stated, if the compensator could be eliminated to save money, the MoCo would have done it YEARS ago... :2vrolijk_21:

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »

Hiya Howard, Thanks for that I'll take a look.
I don't really need one,  after the repair I did the bike is shifting  smoother goes into "N"  with just a little tap and a minimal clunk into first. Most of all NO NOISE when riding and at a stop!

I was looking compensators up (not that I need one) for if/ when the time comes. I came across this eliminator but couldn't find anything substantial about them,.. Like you said.  Cheers Howard

BTW, did wonder why HD would not get rid of their disgn if it worked.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:46:18 PM by longlast »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »

I had one from Evo Industries when my comp went bad. It was fine in town but vibrations were BAD above 50 mph and at 65mph it just shuddered. Out it came.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »

I had one from Evo Industries when my comp went bad. It was fine in town but vibrations were BAD above 50 mph and at 65mph it just shuddered. Out it came.
:-\
A few years ago,  I got one of those Evo Industries setups from a fellow  rider.  He decided not to use it and removed it and gave it to me.   I ended up never installing it due to the bad vibes (pun intended) that I kept hearing about them.  Sold it and shipped it off to someone.........doubt they still use it either.

I belive they are similar to the harmonic balancer on car engines............kinda needed to smooth out the pulses. :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.