Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TM Auto questions!  (Read 1558 times)

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
TM Auto questions!
« on: March 15, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »

John,
 #1) I Installed the TM autotune on my 07 SEUC. I used one laptop w/software installed when I initalized the module and done the IAC setup. Then I decided to use anoter laptop which I never get online to Monitor/Tune my bike. So I installed the software on it. Do I have to Re-Initalize Module w/the new laptop? And Re-Do the IAC setup with the second Laptop?

#2) I noticed that the Sensors had some stuff on the threads (Gray) So i did not use
any Lock Tite or thread sealer. When I done the initial Run, There was smoke coming out of the Bung holes beside the Sensors. Does this indicate a leak? Should I have used a thread sealer or Lock Tite?

#3) My bike runs well , but Hiciups once in a while. And Decel pops a little once in a while.
  Do I need to data Log this and try to tune it out , Or will the auto tune eventually take care of it?
  #4) when I open up the map, The open loop map page comes up. I do have Closed loop box checked. How do I verify that I am always in closed loop?

#5) There is a Y cable available for the TM autotune as a accessory. Tis is supposed to allow you to pull data from bike without removing the side plate. Correct? Can you post a picture of this cable for me? And a picture of your USB cable also? If it is smaller
than the Belkin model that I am using , I would like to buy one!

#6) Also , no where in the manual can I find where it tells what color line means what.
Like the Yellow. Is that the old condition? Red? Blue? etc.

Thank You,

jdk20723

• Full CVO Member
Re: TM Auto questions!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:09:10 PM »

#1) I Installed the TM autotune on my 07 SEUC. I used one laptop w/software installed when I initalized the module and done the IAC setup. Then I decided to use anoter laptop which I never get online to Monitor/Tune my bike. So I installed the software on it. Do I have to Re-Initalize Module w/the new laptop? And Re-Do the IAC setup with the second Laptop?  No, if the module is properly initialized, it does not care what computer is linked to it. To eliminate map overwriting, recommend to READ the module maps and settings first when linking with another computer.  

#2) I noticed that the Sensors had some stuff on the threads (Gray) So i did not use
any Lock Tite or thread sealer. When I done the initial Run, There was smoke coming out of the Bung holes beside the Sensors. Does this indicate a leak? Should I have used a thread sealer or Lock Tite?  The "Stuff" on the threads is Anti-Sieze.  No sealer or Loctite required (actually discouraged).  If the smoke persists, the weld may be porous.

#3) My bike runs well , but Hiciups once in a while. And Decel pops a little once in a while.
  Do I need to data Log this and try to tune it out , Or will the auto tune eventually take care of it?  How many miles do you have on the ThundeMax? If you're below 300 miles and the symptoms are not terrible, put a few hundred miles on the system for it to learn all of the correct points. If you're past the first several hundred miles and it's still doing it, pay attention while you're riding and try to find the scenario when the hiccup or decel pop occurs. If you find the range when the error occurs, you can adjust it out in the AFR vs TPS @ RPM map pages. To troubleshoot, try using the AFR Override to see if it clears up the popping.

#4) when I open up the map, The open loop map page comes up. I do have Closed loop box checked. How do I verify that I am always in closed loop?  Link to the module, select Configure > Closed Loop Module Settings. If the box for (Module) Closed Loop Processing is selected, you are in Closed Loop. SmartLink IV defaultly opens to the AFR vs TPS (Open Loop Only) map page, but this is not needed if you are in Closed Loop. Check out the new manual on page 77 for the AFR vs TPS @ RPM map pages, this is where you make adjustments with the Auto-Tune installed. 

#5) There is a Y cable available for the TM autotune as a accessory. Tis is supposed to allow you to pull data from bike without removing the side plate. Correct? Can you post a picture of this cable for me? And a picture of your USB cable also? If it is smaller
than the Belkin model that I am using , I would like to buy one!  Incorrect, the Y cable is to allow you create an open DataLink port for powering other accessories. You still need to link to the ThunderMax ECM with the serial cable provided, the DataLink port on the factory wiring harness will not give you access to the module. 
#6) Also , no where in the manual can I find where it tells what color line means what.
Like the Yellow. Is that the old condition? Red? Blue? etc.
Yellow = Original Map points.
Blue = Saved Map Offset Points
Red = Synchromized Module Offset points (If you READ the module maps and settings while Linked, the module & SmartLink IV are synchronized)

Thanks, JK/Adam
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 12:11:39 PM by jdk20723 »

Jester_Red07

• http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/VROCKSE/RedJester034.jpg
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE 2 VRSCSE
Re: TM Auto questions!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »

Thanks for the reply!
  I have only put maybe 2-300 miles on my bike so far. And it seems to run awesome! I just want to make sure that I am using the TMAX properly! And I would like to understand what is happening.
   When my bike pops,Usally I am gearing down to come to a stop, and slightly revving the engind while downshifting. This made me think that the IAC might not be set properly. The only other time it will pop is when I close the throttle after accelerating in 4th or 5th gear after running it up to maybe 32-3500 RPM's.
And It will not do it every time. I have tried to make it do it afterwards and can not duplicate it. I hope it will Quit completly after I get some more miles on it.
  It would be nice if you come out with a Data cable with a Right angle connector that would allow us to leave the Side cover in place while retrieving Data. And since I am wishing.
  I WANT A SET OF GAUGES MADE FOR MY ULTRA THAT ARE LIKE THE 5" YOU MAKE FOR THE SOFTAILS. THAT WILL SHOW ME REAL TIME AFR, HEAD TEMP, OIL TEMP, ETC!!!! DIGITAL OF COURSE WITH RED LIGHTING AND SPUN ALUMINUM
FACES TO MATCH MY OTHER GAUGES! You could split the Data btwn the tach and the speedo. Trip meter, clock fuel gauge w / MPG remaining and current. Air temp , voltmeter,Air pressure for Shocks? with mini compressor and presets for 1 up , two up riding,etc. Is there any chance that these might be in the works? I am sure you could sell several sets here.( the shock deal might be pushing it a bit, But Hey, You have set the bar High with your current products!)
   I would also like to have a TMAX for my VRSCSE
       I am sure I will have more questions in the future.

Thank you for your time

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 25 queries.