Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GPS prompts  (Read 1127 times)

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
GPS prompts
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:44:59 AM »

Ok, I know I've asked this question before but don't know where. How do I shut off GPS prompts when listening to music. 2nd question, do you always need to turn off prompts after using GPS. Step by step instructions would be great :-X
Thanks again

DavidG_TKSE

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSEANV #631
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE Carbon/Slate (Traded)
Re: GPS prompts
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »

Ok, I know I've asked this question before but don't know where. How do I shut off GPS prompts when listening to music. 2nd question, do you always need to turn off prompts after using GPS. Step by step instructions would be great :-X
Thanks again
Not near the bike but if I remember correctly, go into setup scroll down to Feedback Settings and you can enable/disable them here. I usually leave prompts disabled all of the time but since latest update the Boombox often enables prompts on its own. Seems to happen after a long stop or off time. Hope this helps!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 01:20:52 PM »

Assuming you have an owners manual for the infotainment system you can find details in there. I use the GPS constantly but sometimes do not want the prompts so I use this function occasionally.

2012RubyUL

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 11:44:12 AM »

This may be a little off topic, but still has to do with the gps. How the heck do they get the wiring harness through the fairing through that little grommet? Do they take the cradle apart and run the wire from the inside or what? I can't find anything on this. Is it a super secret or what? The instructions are junk.  I am refering to using the fairing mount by the way. The dealer won't even tell me how much it will be to have them install the thing at $93/hr.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 12:12:29 PM »

This may be a little off topic, but still has to do with the gps. How the heck do they get the wiring harness through the fairing through that little grommet? Do they take the cradle apart and run the wire from the inside or what? I can't find anything on this. Is it a super secret or what? The instructions are junk.  I am refering to using the fairing mount by the way. The dealer won't even tell me how much it will be to have them install the thing at $93/hr.
What GPS unit are you referring to?  Garmin?    Model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

2012RubyUL

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 12:16:47 PM »

It is the RoadTech Zumo 590 with the fairing mount. Quite a bundle of wires to go through the grommet provided.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 01:45:14 PM »

It is the RoadTech Zumo 590 with the fairing mount. Quite a bundle of wires to go through the grommet provided.
From your forum name I assume you have a 2012 which has the grommet for the clutch line right in the inner fairing.  I installed the same model 590 on my 2017 CVO Limited but the fairing design is different than the pre-Rushmore bikes.

I also did install a Garmin RT Zumo 660 on my 2007 CVO Ultra which has the same type inner fairing as yours.  As best I can recall from both these installations I think the cables on both the 590 and the 660 are pretty much the same.  They may be identical.

What I did on my 2007 was remove the grommet from the hole and then threaded the wires from the mount through the grommet and the hole to get them inside the inner fairing.  It was pretty tight as I recall but they did fit.  Then push the grommet down and back into the hole then connect the wiring inside the fairing and attach the mount.

Hope this helps.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

2012RubyUL

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • UT

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 01:59:57 PM »

I would like to make it hidden behind the mount. I see some pictures where there is just a little loop from the cradle going behind the fairing mount so you don't have a cable running down the fairing into  the handlebar hole.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.