Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Fuel Mileage  (Read 2695 times)

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Fuel Mileage
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 04:42:10 PM »

32 mpg is the best Ive ever seen.... See below for my setup. I normally  get 29-30mpg but Im goin 80mph most the time or in stop an GO traffic.
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 10:40:01 PM »

On trips & club rides i get 40 - 45 MPG every tank with my bone stock SEEG. On a recent trip through VT. & N.H. with my friend who rides a stage 1 R.K. with carb. we took the same amount of gas every fill up. We did find our speedos disagreed by about 10%.I've been trying to decide what performance mods to do this winter,but I hate to kill my milage.I do want to make more noise without having to ware ear plugs on trips. I had S.E slip ons on my '00 R.K.& felt they were about right. I'm afraid they'll be louder on the 103. I wonder if the touring mufflers on the SEEG are the same as the touring mufflers in HD big book? The ones out of the book sound more mellow than mine. I'd welcome any coments. Also the fuel gauge is a joke! When mine reads 1/2 i put in 4-4 1/2 gal.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 08:32:54 AM »

i know i dont have the 103 electraglide, but my 103 roadking gets 40-45 mpg.
i have the stage 1 kit, with basanni true duals and pc.
i am alway's stomping on it, and the milage is alway's about the same.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 11:20:53 AM »

maybe that is why my mileage is so poor, I do mostly hyway riding maintaining 80-85 mph getting 25-26 mpg
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 02:35:02 PM »

Gee, I have a different situation.  When I ride two up with the little woman, I seem to get great gas mileage (42-48mpg).  When I get a happy right wrist, the mileage drops dramatically and I get this loud slapping sensation up side my helmet. [smiley=confused5.gif]
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2004, 11:24:57 PM »

Thanks TB & kng103 sounds like a stage 1 can get good miliage just crusin'. I also know I can knock mine down into the mid 30s with an eger right wrist
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

mfgreen

Re: Fuel Mileage - Gasoline tops $2 a gallon
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 04:02:28 PM »

Gasoline tops $2 a gallon

Tue Oct 19, 8:16 AM ET

By James R. Healey, USA TODAY

Gasoline prices again average more than $2 a gallon across the USA, the first time they've passed that line since early June, and are only pennies lower than last spring's records.

A gallon of unleaded regular averages $2.035, the U.S. Energy Information Administration reported in its weekly price survey Monday. That's up 4.2 cents from last week, and 2.9 cents less than EIA's record $2.064 May 24. EIA last showed gas averaging more than $2 June 7.

Using sales data from 60,000 gas stations, the Oil Price Information Service and motorists' club AAA reported a nationwide average $2.005 Monday, up 0.8 of a cent over the weekend. The OPIS/AAA record is $2.054 set May 26.

Prices remain less than the $2.95 a gallon necessary to set an inflation-adjusted record.

Even so, pinched motorists apparently think prices are high enough that gas is worth stealing.

"The rate of gas thefts has doubled the last six weeks. We're losing $120 per store per week," says Bill Shipley, whose Shipley Energy of York, Pa., operates 26 Tom's stores/stations across central Pennsylvania.

He says he has to sell 1,500 gallons - 150 average fill-ups - to make up for losses when motorists drive off without paying. "A few years ago, this was so negligible, it wasn't worth tracking. It's a direct result of rising gas prices," Shipley says. "Like everybody, we want our customers happy, and they're not happy."

EIA says prices went up in every region the past week. Gas is costliest in California, averaging $2.402 a gallon, up 7.5 cents. The Gulf Coast is the bargain spot, averaging $1.913, up 2.8 cents.

"There's no price relief in sight," says Jason Schenker, economist at Wachovia, a banking and investment concern. "The first opportunity we have to see prices fall back is March."

If prices for crude oil, from which gasoline is made, stay high, and if continuing strong demand keeps inventories low, Schenker forcasts a nationwide average of $2.50 or more for gasoline next summer.

Prices of diesel fuel and the similar heating oil, also both made from oil, are zooming.

Diesel averages $2.18 a gallon, EIA reports, up 8.8 cents from last week, and up a hefty 67.8 cents from a year ago. That's a big hit for trucks and trains, which use diesel fuel to haul consumer and industrial goods. While diesel used to be a less expensive fuel, it now averages more than gasoline everywhere but California, where it is 0.8 of a cent cheaper, EIA says.

Heating oil, used for home heat by 8% of Americans, mainly in the Northeast, was $1.899 a gallon last week, the latest EIA data on that fuel. EIA forecasts that winter bills for oil-burning households will average 28% higher this winter than last.

About 56% of Americans heat with natural gas. Its prices are rising, too, though it's not made from oil, and EIA says homeowners will spend about 15% more on natural gas if it's a normal winter, more if colder.

Benchmark West Texas Intermediate crude oil fell $1.26, to $53.67 a barrel at the close of New York trading Monday. It broke $40 May 11, then pushed past $50 Oct. 1, when it closed at $50.12. It has traded for more than $50 since. Some traders and analysts said the drop means that oil prices have peaked. Others called it a breather before oil races toward $60.

Oil would have to pass $81.30 a barrel for an inflation-adjusted record.

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 05:02:39 PM »

Gasoline tops $2 a gallon - Tue Oct 19, 8:16 AM ET

Mike,

LUXURY.

These are the average UK fuel prices for September 04

High Octane
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2004, 05:38:09 PM »

Gasoline tops $2 a gallon        
Tue Oct 19, 8:16 AM ET
By James R. Healey, USA TODAY
Gasoline prices again .

Please don't take this as a flame, more of a gentle nudge.  But if I want to curb race a little and talk bikes I've learned I can enjoy coming here.  If I want to read the news, however, I can go to a news source.  This is CVO, not CNN.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.