Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help me decide (head pipe)  (Read 2266 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Help me decide (head pipe)
« on: July 18, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »

I need some help deciding which one I should buy. I am looking for a new head pipe for my 16 sg.  I am thinking of the fuel moto 2-1-2, the fullsac 2-1-2 or the Vance and Hines power duals. I have the fullsac 2" cores in my mufflers already so not changing those. I'm not planning any motor work in the future but if I do it will probably just be a 113 kit from fuel moto. I know I will need a tuner as well and not sure which way to go with that either. Any input about any of these head pipes and tuners would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
Re: Help me decide (head pipe)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:20:39 AM »

I need some help deciding which one I should buy. I am looking for a new head pipe for my 16 sg.  I am thinking of the fuel moto 2-1-2, the fullsac 2-1-2 or the Vance and Hines power duals. I have the fullsac 2" cores in my mufflers already so not changing those. I'm not planning any motor work in the future but if I do it will probably just be a 113 kit from fuel moto. I know I will need a tuner as well and not sure which way to go with that either. Any input about any of these head pipes and tuners would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin
Fullsac DX will work very well with what you have. If more torque is desired, I believe you will find the SE 117 drop on top end, when combined with the TTS 150, to be very snappy.

Durwood

• Vendor
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Sheffer Performance H-D
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »

Fullsac DX will work very well with what you have. If more torque is desired, I believe you will find the SE 117 drop on top end, when combined with the TTS 150, to be very snappy.
Agreed, I just did a 117 drop on kit with Cycle-Rama 575's, also a very responsive cam selection for this combination.

IRNEngineer

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHT Black Denim
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 12:50:55 AM »

Kecin_n - I have the Vance & Hines Power Duals on my '16 SG with the Screamin Eagle Pro tuner (Rinehart 4"exhaust). I love this setup. I have no other engine mods. The torque curve is nice and flat and I love the sound.
Just my $0.02.
'16 SG CVO Carbon Crystal
12" LA Choppers Twin Peaks - Black
Vance & Hines Power Duals with 4" Rinehart
Klock Werks 5" Windshield
Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Detachable Colormatch Tourpak & RG Limited CVO Seat

Streetglide77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 05:24:27 AM »

I have a 2011 CVO Streetglide and did all the Fullsac upgrades(headpipe,2"baffles and there tune with TTS) bike has 18,000 miles since and runs great just rode it cross country no problems and can still hear the stereo fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »

Streetglide77, how loud is it at idle and how loud is it going down the road. Looking for something that is mellow at cruising speed but loud when it is opened up. Still want people to ride with me and my wife rides her own and I don't want it to loud that she can't stand riding behind me.

windjammer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTSSE2 sold
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 11:10:10 PM »

Beware when you change the headpipe your mufflers will be much louder!

BostonboyDH

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »

It sounds as if the OP is pretty satisfied with what he has right now power wise,  I'm not planning any motor work in the future but if I do it will probably just be a 113 kit  All the head pipe mentioned will work well with your Muffs. Since you already have FulSac Cores it sounds like a no brainer to me!! & I believe FulSac can even set you up with a TTS and map for that combination, So that makes if plug and play then have a tuner tweak the tune when money and time allows.

BostonBoy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:50:31 PM by BostonboyDH »

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 09:13:19 PM »

I don't mind loud. I want loud when I hammer on it but not super loud at idle or cruising speed. We put Vance and Hines dresser duals with supertrap mufflers on my wife's street glide and at cruising speed and idle it is mellow, when she hammers it, it roars down the road. We took the baffles out of the supertrap and made a similar one to fullsac before we knew about fullsac. Guess I might just have to bite the bullet and see what happens.

Streetglide77

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 02:47:45 PM »

Streetglide77, how loud is it at idle and how loud is it going down the road. Looking for something that is mellow at cruising speed but loud when it is opened up. Still want people to ride with me and my wife rides her own and I don't want it to loud that she can't stand riding behind me.
The bike is not that loud it sounds good and has a nice mellow tone and it's not raspy or    Obnoxious. In comparison to other exhaust systems it's on the quieter side. Hopefully this helps you make your decision I decided upon this because I wanted to listen to the radio at highway speed's and not have the exhaust overpowering the stereo system and it works great for that.

EPerrott

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 05:39:26 PM »

I have Fullsac 2-1-2 on my 12,13 and 16 SESG. Also have Fullsac baffles on the 12. V&H mufflers on 13 and 16. All wonderful deep mellow sound until you get on it. Ship the TTS 150 cam. Total waist of money, adds nothing to the setup except cost. I have put cams in all my bikes, the TTS-150 truly the biggest disappointment.

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »

Thanks for the info. I think I made a decision, that's if the pocket book and accountant allow it  ;D

rigidthumper

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 09:23:41 AM »

I have Fullsac 2-1-2 on my 12,13 and 16 SESG. Also have Fullsac baffles on the 12. V&H mufflers on 13 and 16. All wonderful deep mellow sound until you get on it. Ship the TTS 150 cam. Total waist of money, adds nothing to the setup except cost. I have put cams in all my bikes, the TTS-150 truly the biggest disappointment.

For most folks, the TTS 100 works better than the 150 in a stock, 9.3:1, CVO- it usually makes ~118 TQ, 100 HP. 5-8% better than the 255 across the board. Tuned correctly, the 150 will make 122TQ, 107 HP, but move the power band to the right a few hundred RPM. Much better at 3.5-5 grand, if you are ever there.
The TTS150 works very well in the 117 kit @ 10:1. Like 130+TQ, 115+HP.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »

Agreed, I just did a 117 drop on kit with Cycle-Rama 575's, also a very responsive cam selection for this combination.

X-2 , DX Pipe, SE 585 Cams, CVO cans, 2.25  baffles, 136/121
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.