Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RB racing pipes  (Read 2001 times)

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
    • Battlefield Motorcycle Club
RB racing pipes
« on: February 24, 2007, 11:35:32 PM »

anybody running the RB racing 2 into 1 pipes not the "black hole" or pro but the standard 2 into 1. the questions how do they sound and perform as far as power and TQ. thanks Hoody

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
Re: RB racing pipes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 02:27:23 AM »

I run them on  my SEEG, they sound pretty good, not too too loud but you hear them. It really is a sweet sounding pipe, though not as deep as some like a V&H oval, kinda sounds like a Nextel Cup Car. If your just cruising you get a nice mellow sound.  As far as TQ & HP - I have a built 103" motor and I am running the larger size pipe they have and it is a lil weak - around 96hp & 106tq. The dyno line is real smooth though, and the A/F line is flat as a pancake. Overall I like the pipe, but I must be getting older as I am considering a quieter pipe in the future. No big rush though, just rode today here in Michigan, 19 degrees but clear, and enjoyed every minute - including that sweet sound :)
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FXSTDSE2 now a 117", stage 4 heads, 10.5:1, HPI 58mm TB, Bob Wood 408-6 cams, Borezilla 2-1, SAE dyno 141Tq/139Hp no radio, no windshield, just fast!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:06:13 PM »

Thanks for the input just to understand your pipes are not the "black hole" pipes? I don't mind them loud, in fact I still like that. what I'm running now is without the baffels, but they suck with respect to A/F line and I don't like that they split the back foot rest.

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »

No, this isn't the black hole, this is the good ole regular model, Like I said some would say it is loud but only when your on the throttle, otherwise it is just a powerful growling rumble that is sweet.  No dips at all in the dyno sheet - all smooth lines and flat as could be A/F line. Here is the best Pic I have of it.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 02:40:21 PM »

Thanks again, all I've read tells me it's the best 2 into 1 on the market. I think it's the one I want.

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:39:35 PM »

I don't know, I hear lots of good about the D & D Fatcats also. I got mine off Ebay new in box at a good price and delivered that week. If you order from the company be forewarned I have heard you could be waiting several months. just a FYI
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 09:33:58 AM »

I don't know, I hear lots of good about the D & D Fatcats also. I got mine off Ebay new in box at a good price and delivered that week. If you order from the company be forewarned I have heard you could be waiting several months. just a FYI
I had also understood that  D & D was running behind but I ordered a set from the factory two weeks ago and received them in less than a week. Don't know if I was just lucky or what but thought I would share the info.  ;D

hoody

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »

Thanks for the info and insight on delays. hoody

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.