Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bus Tragedy in Atlanta Today  (Read 1239 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Bus Tragedy in Atlanta Today
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:16:28 AM »

This has no motorcycle tie, but I just feel terrible for all those involved.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2546402&version=12&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

More info: The HOV lane (car pool lane) exits up to a "T" at this crossing. I can only assume the driver thought it was an overpass of some sort, and drove up, expecting to drive right down on the other side.

Chief

ronshood2000

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Bus Tragedy in Atlanta Today
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »

Students from a ball team in Ohio...right? That's really a bummer.

Yesterday, we had a tornado hit a local H.S. and killed about 8 or 10 kids at last count. I work about 8 miles from there and yesterday was a chilling day, especially for those folks. Children parishing is very sad indeed. Let's hope that the numbers don't rise any further.  :(
Ron

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 10:22:36 AM »

What a shame.  It is only made worse, by the failure of the driver to realize how the road went, knowing that it could have been avoided. 

Anytime there are failure in our mass transit the potential for dramatic loss is there, like the college football team's plane, the Olymic team that was lost in flight in the 60's etc.

I guess it is always more dramatic when it is a team, with the connection to each other than when it is a random group, unfortunately these losses are all tragic and often avoidable.

BlueFlames

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 flhrse3 blue
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »

Both are VERY sad. 

I am very happy to have gotten my daughter home for the weekend from Auburn (by way of Atlanta) yesterday in the morning.
"Chrome is like clevage.......too much is not enough"

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »

Both are VERY sad. 

I am very happy to have gotten my daughter home for the weekend from Auburn (by way of Atlanta) yesterday in the morning.

War Eagle Blue Flame. Glad she's home safe and sound too.

Chief

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 09:11:43 AM »

Thats just insane how this could happen :o Just drove off the overpass and no skid marks or brake marks?

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 09:33:59 AM »

Thats just insane how this could happen :o Just drove off the overpass and no skid marks or brake marks?

We drove up the same off-ramp last night on the way to see Wild Hogs. I was expecting to see skid marks, or some other indication that the driver had tried to stop. Nothing. The cross street, Northside Drive, is five lanes wide there and the impact mark on the opposing guard rail is about 50 feet down the road from being straight across from the off-ramp. It looks like the driver tried to turn right at the top of the ramp and struck the opposing wall with the left front corner, causing the bus to roll over the guard rail and land on the highway below.

It was a pretty eerie sight knowing what had happened earlier that day.

Chief

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 21 queries.