Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO, Performance Parts  (Read 1819 times)

EAGLE SEIII

CVO, Performance Parts
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »

Hello guys, basically new to the site, I see a lot parts failures on these machines ,like cam plates, compensator, etc. Then on the catalog there are all these parts under SE, that I thought were supposed to be incorporated in our bikes, but apparently the are not, so basically what are we paying so much more money for, just cosmetics ?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: CVO, Performance Parts
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:11:54 AM »

you get a bigger motor not necessarily a better motor. HD is not putting SE "race" parts into a CVO motor
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

rrussow

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

CVO is the only way to go!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:15:55 PM »

Basically what you are paying for is the addition of a lot of accessories from the P&A catalog, but they are installed at the assembly plant instead of after the sale.  There are a few so-called SE parts included in that list of accessories, like the larger engine, SE air cleaner, etc., but there are no real higher quality engine parts or real racing level parts.  There is also an exclusive paint scheme.  Think of it as a high end option package, similar to what you find from car and truck manufacturers.

Sadly, the premium price for a CVO does not buy you better quality or reliability.  What it does is make a lot of money for H-D and their dealers, and it saves a few bucks for customers if you consider how much adding all that stuff after the fact would cost.  If a person is the type to actually go out and buy all that stuff and put it on his bike, and then buy a special paint set or get a custom paint job, buying the CVO package saves him money and effort.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 25 queries.