Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clearwater Lights  (Read 651 times)

drgmis16

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2016 Road Glide Ultra
Clearwater Lights
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:23:05 PM »

Had a 2002 Street Glide and installed a set of Darla Clearwater Lights.  Very impressed and like the additional lighting at night.  That these are adjustable was a plus also.  Now have a 2016 CVO Road Glide and wondering is anyone has installed these lights and if there were any "codes" generated.  Where did the "volume" knob get mounted?  How hard was making the electrical wiring connections?  Thinking of getting the Darla model again but have been told conflicting things about "codes" once these were installed.  A few people reported no problems and others said that there were numerous "codes" generated and removed them.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Clearwater Lights
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:02:53 AM »

Had a 2002 Street Glide and installed a set of Darla Clearwater Lights.  Very impressed and like the additional lighting at night.  That these are adjustable was a plus also.  Now have a 2016 CVO Road Glide and wondering is anyone has installed these lights and if there were any "codes" generated.  Where did the "volume" knob get mounted?  How hard was making the electrical wiring connections?  Thinking of getting the Darla model again but have been told conflicting things about "codes" once these were installed.  A few people reported no problems and others said that there were numerous "codes" generated and removed them.
Stripclub has a set on His '15 SERGU and hasn't reported any issues. I don't think the wiring has changed much. Pretty sure He's got some pix on this site somewhere about the install.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
Re: Clearwater Lights
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »

hi, I have the clearwater Krista lights on my 2015 CVO Roadglide.  The lights are fitted on top of the crash bars and the on/off switch and dimmer control are installed on the plastic insert located on left side below tank. Able to adjust when riding.
no issues or changes to codes.
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 25 queries.