Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CVO Heated Handgrips  (Read 735 times)

CVO Mark

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

CVO Heated Handgrips
« on: March 08, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »

Hi, new guy on the list:
Can anyone tell me if the new Kahuna Handgrips on the 2020 CVO's will fit my 2016 CVO heated grips?
I can't seem to find ANY Harley heated grip options for my bike, only heated grips for touring bikes that DON'T already come with heated grips.
Any help???

Smoketown

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
Re: CVO Heated Handgrips
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 03:09:28 AM »

Welcome from PA!

I'm someone who knows will reply.

Cheers,
Smoketown

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:18:23 AM »

They should. Handlebars haven't changed. Welcome to the site.  :welcome_005:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 08:57:02 AM »

They should...I just installed them on my 2020 RG limited and the connectors looked the same as the ones in the harness on my '15 CVO street Glide.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »

They should...I just installed them on my 2020 RG limited and the connectors looked the same as the ones in the harness on my '15 CVO street Glide.

Just curious, did you install the grips Harley sells in the catalog, or did you order and install the production parts for a 2020 bike? 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 07:04:35 PM »

Just curious, did you install the grips Harley sells in the catalog, or did you order and install the production parts for a 2020 bike? 

Jerry

On the '20 Limited I installed the Kahuna set from the catalog--part number 56100331. On the '15 I ordered CVO ultra grips individually and installed them only because those are the ones I wanted.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 08:56:49 PM »

The new version of the heated grips are vastly improved those in the recent past.  I bought a set in Feb of 2018 for my 2017 SESG. At that time they sid they would not fit. They did with a little modification and externally wired. They got hot, but not evenly. Left grip was comfortable at 1.5 to 2. Set at 2, the right grip would burn my hand in one spot. They went out this past fall. I replaced them with the new Kahuna black heated grips.

They were easier to install. No going all the way to the battery. There is a plug right by the left speaker inside the fairing. With a little work I was able to get the wiring internally. Once I had them installed I tried turning them on and nothing. Started second guessing my own abilities. After re-checking everything and trying them AGAIN. But nothing. After reading up on them I found out they will not heat up until the engine reaches about 2000 rpms. So I took of down the street and sure enough. Within 2 blocks they were getting warm amd the longer I rode the more warm they became. They have a VERY even heat. Set them on 3 on a 45 degree day and they are awesome.

I had seriously considered going aftermarket after the early failure of the 1st set. But these have restored my faith in the Harley version. Time will tell how long they last, but I think they will last longer due to the duty cycle they work on. Maybe they are digitally controlled.

Whatever it is, they work great.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.