Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 110 Base Gasket Leaking  (Read 10214 times)

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

Re: 110 Base Gasket Leaking
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 10:03:38 AM »

Gotta dig packing it full of dirt.  :huepfenlol2: Had a customer bring a 74 shov by to look at it for leaks. I was not sure where to start, rocker shaft seals, crank seal, trans seal, oil pimp mounting, broken oil bag mount causing a rubber line to rub through, or just maybe that most basket case shov's leak and to save his money and just ride the bike
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »

You get some of the Georgia red clay or Ohio river basin goop and it'll stop up leaks like JB weld!
The VLD only seeped unitl I "cleaned" it up then it was a mess, thata why it went inot the 3 year resto and as it looks today.  The only oil coming out now is supposed too!

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »

Hoist you causing problems again   :nixweiss:  Funny really. I do not know what it takes to get a bike in the lemon law but I had a customer that wanted his money back for the hot running, ping issue. After they flashed the bike , tuned it yada yada. They told him sorry but the bike fell under a "normal issue"

That's my middle name bro! Thought this might help others. I'm doing my own thing and taking care of things myself. No way no MoCo will get my bike running the way I want it!. FTF and FTW! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:30 AM »

That's my middle name bro! Thought this might help others. I'm doing my own thing and taking care of things myself. No way no MoCo will get my bike running the way I want it!. FTF and FTW! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Why wouldn't it be valid to organize?   :nixweiss:

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 12:03:53 PM »

Why wouldn't it be valid to organize?   :nixweiss:

Miker

Not my question to answer bro! :o

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

albud

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »

Hi John

I too have had similar problems...I have the same bike as yourself and took delivery March 07 but I'm on my THIRD repairafter approx 6000 miles.....this time however i am waiting for replacement cylinder(s).....the problem stems from the fact that the rear cyinder overheats... the cylinder then warps and then gaskets keep blowing all the time. Ask your dealer to look into replacing the warped cylinder......My dealer tells me I should not be riding in hot countrys and even more important...don't ride in parades in hot weather.......but its what we do !!!

PS....We don't get too much hot weatherin Scotland

All the best...Al Bud

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2007, 09:01:28 PM »

Hi John

I too have had similar problems...I have the same bike as yourself and took delivery March 07 but I'm on my THIRD repairafter approx 6000 miles.....this time however i am waiting for replacement cylinder(s).....the problem stems from the fact that the rear cyinder overheats... the cylinder then warps and then gaskets keep blowing all the time. Ask your dealer to look into replacing the warped cylinder......My dealer tells me I should not be riding in hot countrys and even more important...don't ride in parades in hot weather.......but its what we do !!!

PS....We don't get too much hot weatherin Scotland

All the best...Al Bud

And I thought it was just the American Harley dealers who were full of chit.  Looks like it's a world-wide epidemic!

Gotta love 'em; don't ride in the heat, don't ride in the rain (may screw up the electrical stuff), don't ride over 75 mph (might wobble), etc., etc.  It looks like what I've always suspected is actually true, H-D designs these things to just sit in the garage and look pretty.  Probably should have a decal on the top of the tank:  "Caution, actually riding this motorcycle may result in mechanical or electrical failure.  Harley-Davidson accepts no responsibility for failures due to actual use of our products."

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.