Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wiring diagram  (Read 508 times)

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
wiring diagram
« on: May 04, 2020, 05:02:19 PM »

Hi all,
can someone share wiring diagram for left side of the blinker with spot light. I have cvo rk 14 and on the left side by the neck there is little jack with 4 wires and 2 off them where broken (due to moving left and right I assume )at the jack and I couldn't solder it , so  I eliminated jack and connected them straight.  But now turn signals don't cancel on it's own and I got engine light on.... is there any cross over in jack ... :(
tnx

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 07:46:32 PM »

If you're talking about the connection from the light harness to the main harness, there are four wires in the main harness side of the connector and three wires in the light harness connector.  When you eliminated the connector and just connected wires directly, what became of the fourth wire?  There had to be a bridged wire in the main harness side of the connector.

Take a look at the attachment (click on it to enlarge) where I added the red arrows to see what I'm talking about.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
Re: wiring diagram
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 11:32:16 PM »

If you're talking about the connection from the light harness to the main harness, there are four wires in the main harness side of the connector and three wires in the light harness connector.  When you eliminated the connector and just connected wires directly, what became of the fourth wire?  There had to be a bridged wire in the main harness side of the connector.

Take a look at the attachment (click on it to enlarge) where I added the red arrows to see what I'm talking about.

Jerry
tnx Jerry , I was looking just for that. 4th wire goes to my spot light. So looking at diagram there is no  crossover in connector so I should be able to put this together tomorrow. Hope my engine light will go away , not sure if that caused it or not ...by the way bike is running normal not sure if battery can be reason for engine light. When I start bike it has hard time to turn over battery is original 2014.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.