Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trade SED in For 08 SE Ultra????  (Read 1815 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Trade SED in For 08 SE Ultra????
« on: July 11, 2007, 05:01:34 PM »

Went by local dealer today to get a quote on trading in my 03 SED w/ 1,770 miles (perfect shape) on a 08 SE Ultra. They offered me $14,500 on the SED.
Since I am not thinking clearly and my brain has gone in to "I want- I want - I want" mode, I need some help. What do you think a fair market value is for the SED? It is stock except for V&H pipes, SERT, A/C and billet headlight. :nixweiss:

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
Re: Trade SED in For 08 SE Ultra????
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »

Seems a bit low by 2-3k ?? Try selling outright if have not tried already. Goodluck!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 06:17:08 PM »

Mark...that's about 3k under NADA average retail.  They are offering you wholesale, as any other dealer would do.  You're always better off selling directly yourself, but you already know that.  To sell this bike, you're going to have to find the right buyer which could take some time, just as it did on my Ducati, so it's all about how much patience you have.  You could always put it on E-Bay with a reserve and see what happens... :nixweiss:

If the bike's not eating (no payments, etc) then taking a little time to see won't hurt anything.  Or, just buy the SEUC outright, then when you sell the bike, you can use all the money for upgrades like trailers, chrome, helmets, LED lights, cams, etc., etc., etc..... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 06:42:36 PM »

Mark...that's about 3k under NADA average retail.  They are offering you wholesale, as any other dealer would do.  You're always better off selling directly yourself, but you already know that.  To sell this bike, you're going to have to find the right buyer which could take some time, just as it did on my Ducati, so it's all about how much patience you have.  You could always put it on E-Bay with a reserve and see what happens... :nixweiss:

If the bike's not eating (no payments, etc) then taking a little time to see won't hurt anything.  Or, just buy the SEUC outright, then when you sell the bike, you can use all the money for upgrades like trailers, chrome, helmets, LED lights, cams, etc., etc., etc..... ;)

Thanks buddy, that kind of advice is what I do already to myself. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You are right about the wholesale price but with our sales tax here at 9.75%, that picks me up about 1/2 of the difference between wholesale and retail. They don't have one due in until December, so I'll probably try to sell it on my own until then.
Thanks for the input though. :2vrolijk_21:

MikeD

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:04:22 AM »

Your SED is worth more than that. Personally I dont care for the new ultras.  But check out ebay and you local bike trader, that should give you a realistic feel on what you can get on yours.  Good Luck and post some pics of the new ultra, I'm just not impresse with the paint, it seems amatuer-ish and not too customized.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »

Went by local dealer today to get a quote on trading in my 03 SED w/ 1,770 miles (perfect shape) on a 08 SE Ultra. They offered me $14,500 on the SED.
Since I am not thinking clearly and my brain has gone in to "I want- I want - I want" mode, I need some help. What do you think a fair market value is for the SED? It is stock except for V&H pipes, SERT, A/C and billet headlight. :nixweiss:

I'm not sure if they're selling at this price, but most of what I've seen on the '03 SED is asking prices in the low to mid $20k range; that's with average mileage.  Your low mileage may bump it up a bit.

If you don't need to have the cash allowance for tradein, I'd hold on to if and try to sell it outright like others have suggested.

Good luck with your new '08 Ultra.  I just plopped down on a new anniversary '08 SERK.  I'm not sold on the anniversary paint, but I think it will grow on me.  Print out the wallpaper and look at it big and it's a more likeable.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »

Thanks buddy, that kind of advice is what I do already to myself. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You are right about the wholesale price but with our sales tax here at 9.75%, that picks me up about 1/2 of the difference between wholesale and retail. They don't have one due in until December, so I'll probably try to sell it on my own until then.
Thanks for the input though. :2vrolijk_21:

If they are giving you the trade value in December at that number it wouldn't be too bad with the tax credit.

Are they at MSRP on the new one?

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 11:32:52 AM »

If they are giving you the trade value in December at that number it wouldn't be too bad with the tax credit.

Are they at MSRP on the new one?

The are to call me today with their firm price, as of yesterday they still didn't know what the price would be. I told them I would only give them a deposit for MSRP, he said he thought it would be MSRF + freight (400) and stealer prep (+/- 500) but he is supposed to call me today.
Thanks all of you for the input, I think I'll try e-bay since it looks like I will have quite a while before it arrives. Now I only have to decide Casper the ghost or Copper Head. :nixweiss:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 11:39:44 AM »

The are to call me today with their firm price, as of yesterday they still didn't know what the price would be. I told them I would only give them a deposit for MSRP, he said he thought it would be MSRF + freight (400) and stealer prep (+/- 500) but he is supposed to call me today.
Thanks all of you for the input, I think I'll try e-bay since it looks like I will have quite a while before it arrives. Now I only have to decide Casper the ghost or Copper Head. :nixweiss:

Casper is a good monicker, my only concern is it may be a bit like a Shriner Bike, but I guess that's not all bad :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:44:21 PM »

Maybe have your dealer put your scooter on his floor and they can help move your Deuce at a better price
Some people call it consignment but if you do a commission with your local deal have the commission negotiated/set for certain amount or percent
I know several dealers that do this for about 10% however, since you are paying full boat of a 08 SEUC of $36k plus
I would think 5% or less would be competitive for both you and the dealer....Profit is not a 4letter word...so to speak

jeffj

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:54:25 PM »

They just came back with a quote, $35,990 including everything but sales tax. So, it looks like about a thousand over MSRP. An addition 600 for the Copper Head. I have always wanted a white bike to scare people, so I guess I'm going with Casper.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.